ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Stop Small Leaks From Becoming A Big Problem
Water damage can stem from a variety of sources; it usually starts from a minor cause, such as a water leak, which if left unattended for a long time could escalate into a massive problem and can cause wide-scale damage to property. This can lead to significant repair costs and disrupt operations in the business setting. Quick and efficient action is necessary to prevent water damage problems, which is why it is important to identify a possible source and correct it immediately.
Once such source is a water leak, whether from roof damage, cracks in the plumbing, or broken appliances.
ServiceMaster of the Upstate has prepared some tips to stop small leaks and save home and business owners from expensive repairs and additional property damage problems.
Signs of a Water Leak
An unexpected increase in the water bill is one of the most obvious signs of a leak in the plumbing. Inspect pipelines for the following:
● Broken toilet tank flappers
● Corrosion on supply lines connecting to appliances and fixtures
● Odd odors from drains, which may signal a sewer leak
● Leaks around appliances that utilize water
● Pipe leaks under sinks
● Noticeable stains below supply line connections
● Discolored or warped flooring
● Water stains on ceilings and walls directly below bathrooms
Note that water stains on walls and ceilings can also indicate a roof leak. Watch out for musty odors which signal mold growth, peeling paint, and roof issues such as damaged shingles or flashing.
How to Deal With Water Damage
Minor leaks can be fixed, but the best step to take is to call a licensed plumber or water damage restoration professional to address the issue and keep costs low.
There are some things that can be done with plumbing or appliance leaks before the professionals arrive. Turn off the water supply connected to the leak. ServiceMaster Restore provides the usual shut-off valve locations for some common fixtures and appliances:
● Dishwasher: Check under the sink; the location is likely close to the sink shut-off valves.
● Sink: Sinks will typically have two shut-off valves, one for hot water and one for cold water. Check the area underneath the sink, next to the water supply lines.
● Toilet: Toilet shut-off valves are close to the toilet and near the floor, as part of the water supply line.
● Refrigerator with water and ice dispensers: Check the supply tube running to the refrigerator, likely behind the refrigerator or under a nearby sink.
● Lessen the damage but removing standing water near the leak through a mop. If mold growth is discovered, it's best to leave the remediation to the professionals, as improper cleaning may cause the damage to spread even further.
Contact ServiceMaster of the Upstate, South Carolina's Best Water Damage Restoration Company
Don't let water leaks go unaddressed. Immediately contact a water damage restoration specialist, such as ServiceMaster of the Upstate in South Carolina. We are one of South Carolina’s leading restoration companies. We restore water, fire, and mold-damaged properties for the commercial, residential, and insurance market. We can extract water, dry carpets, walls, and structure. Our claims team will handle the insurance claim from start to finish and update all parties involved.
Contact us at (864) 310-7891 or connect with us online to schedule an appointment. Our Emergency Response Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to your needs. We service residential and commercial properties in GREENVILLE, SPARTANBURG, LAURENS, NEWBERRY, SALUDA and surrounding South Carolina areas.
Home and Garden Articles1. Global Locust Control Market 2021
Author: Statzy Market Research
2. Why Indian Stone Paving Slabs So Very Popular?
Author: Wirral Flagging
3. What Are Lock Standards And Why Do They Matter?
Author: Hero Locksmith
4. Relish Your Comfort Zone With Harmony Timber Floors
Author: Eva Hill
5. Buy The Veggie Cutter Today!
Author: The Easy Slicer
6. Sofa Cleaning Services In Thane – Sadguru Facility
Author: Sadguru Cleaning
7. Office Cleaning Services Near Me Sadguru Facility
Author: Sadguru Cleaning
8. Is Relying On Carpentry Companies Worthful?
Author: Noah Flowers
9. Get Familiar With The Advantages Of Plastering
Author: Cody Dugdale
10. Get To Know Unexpected Benefits Of Residential Waterproofing
Author: Harry Forde
11. Get Your Home Free From Harmful Lead Paint!
Author: George Babbage
12. Did You Opt For Asbestos Removal Yet?
Author: Taj Elisha
13. What Makes A Successful Landscape Architect?
Author: Ethan Marian
14. How Avoiding Roof Repair Can Be Dangerous?
Author: Tyler Gowlland
15. Residential Architect Can Remodel Your Home!
Author: Jack Weathers