ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Graphic Design Vs. Illustration
When it comes to the creative world, there are a ton of terms out there to describe different kinds of design. For the layperson, it can become a bit confusing. How do you decide what type of design is right for you? In this article, we’ll outline the differences between graphic design, illustration and graphic illustration.
Graphic Design vs. Illustration
To better understand all of these terms, first we’ll separate these two types of design and outline what each one entails.
What Is Graphic Design?
Graphic design is most commonly used for commercial and business purposes. Think about advertisements, logos, website design and other things related to helping a business sell its product or service. Graphic design is important because it helps businesses clearly and concisely convey a message. Typically there isn’t a lot of room for interpretation, and there isn’t meant to be.
What Is Illustration?
Illustration, on the other hand, does something a little different. Typically an illustration is meant to bring out an emotion or tell a story without words. Illustrations ...
... can be both digital and traditional, and they come in many forms. Drawings and paintings, for instance, fall under the umbrella of illustrations. Illustrations are commonly found in books, magazines and other publications. Someone who wants to make a book cover might turn to an illustrator.
What Is Illustration Design?
Illustration design, or graphic illustration, is a marriage of these two concepts. If you really want something to stand out for a brand, you might turn to illustration design. Perhaps you want to create a design for your beer can or wine bottle, or maybe you need something eye-catching for your new packaging. This is a situation where illustration designs come in and can really set your brand and your products apart. They can help you establish an appealing and interesting aesthetic for your brand that makes it stand out and appeal to people who otherwise might not have given it a second look.
Each of these different design styles has its own advantages, and which one you use will really depend on your specific needs.
I'm Barry Elvis, graphic design consultant, providing useful info about PowerPoint presentation, digital ads and brand & landing page design ideas for SME's. You can find my thoughts at creative designs blog. Find the best marketing design agency at this website.
Web Design Articles1. How To Android App Development
2. Website Designing Company In Usa
Author: Dheeraj Kashyap
3. How Do I Make Money Through Web Design?
4. Is Bootstrap Dead?
5. Shopify Development
Author: Allen Arlene
6. Travel Technology Company - Travel Portal Development
Author: Travel Booking Software - B2B Travel Portal
7. Make Your Business Look Relevant With Premium Wordpress Themes
8. Html5 Flipbooks: The Secret To Creating Engaging Content For E-commerce Business
Author: Shailesh Gajjar
9. How To Initiate Your House Cleaning Business With On-demand Cleaning App
Author: Frank Evans
10. Can I Get A Freelancing Job In Front End Web Development Or Do I Need To Learn Both Front End And Backend?
11. What Should A Web Design Company Do For Your Business?
Author: Hazel Brown
12. Top Website Development Company In Uk | Dnr It Solutions
Author: DnR IT Solutions
13. Mobile And Responsive Website Differences
Author: STEVEN JOSEPH
14. What Are The Benefits Of Using Wordpress?
Author: sahrukh hasan
15. How To Choose Trading Application In Stock Marketing?