ALL >> Health >> View Article
Is Pcos Related To Mental Health?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a complex condition that impacts women's various health aspects, including mental health. Women diagnosed with PCOS are three times more likely to be diagnosed with PCOS depression and anxiety than women without PCOS. It has been proven that women with PCOS are more likely to report PCOS depression and anxiety. Symptoms of anxiety and polycystic ovarian syndrome depression are more likely to be severe.
PCOS depression and anxiety are linked with an augmented risk of (OCD) obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, and eating complications.
It is not clear what causes the increased risk for anxiety and depression in women with PCOS. It can be because of hormonal differences allied with the disorder or the combination of several ailments that are still unknown.
polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms and treatment
PCOS can cause symptoms like hirsutism (excess facial and body hair), acne, absent or irregular period cycle, or infertility. Women who have PCOS report feeling frustrated and anxious about their inability to become pregnant, their weight, excess body and facial hair, or absence of control over their diet and health.
The doctors are likely to treat the PCOS depression and anxiety by treating the specific underlying cause. For example, if a woman is insulin-resistant, she would be asked to try a low-carb diet, and if she is obese, she might be asked to make lifestyle changes to lose weight. Treating your PCOS can help reduce your depression and anxiety.
A woman who has a hormonal imbalance, including excess androgen, might be prescribed birth control pills to correct it.
Other treatments might be the common treatments used for depression itself. Talk therapy, or counseling, is acknowledged as one of the most effective treatment options for polycystic ovarian syndrome depression. Types of treatment you might try include:
• Cognitive-behavioral treatment assists in identifying and changing negative thinking patterns and guides you to cop-up with the strategies. This is one of the most common type of treatment.
• Interpersonal treatment centers on improving issues related to personal relationships.
• Psychodynamic treatment helps in recognizing and understanding adverse behavior patterns from past events and working to fix them.
• Support groups give a chance to meet others dealing with the same situation and talk through your issues together.
Antidepressant medications are added standard treatment for depression. However, some antidepressants can also lead to weight gain and are likely to impact blood glucose.
For this reason, antidepressants are not used as a first-line treatment for women with PCOS. If its consumption is necessary, the doctors will have to prescribe several different kinds of treatments to figure out what works best for you.
There may be an improvement in PCOS depression and anxiety among women with PCOS who get acupuncture or women who practice mindfulness for 30 minutes every day. Practicing yoga regularly with poses, guided relaxation, breathing exercises, and meditation may also improve PCOS depression and anxiety. Women who feel anxious because of their facial hair, getting laser hair removal treatment might help them to deal with anxiety and depression.
I have been writing informative and high-quality article on women’s health. In the above articles have covered topics such as pcos depression and anxiety, polycystic ovarian syndrome depression, polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms and treatment
Health Articles1. 5 Things You Should Know About Compounding Pharmacies
Author: Discount Chemist
2. Find Out How The Ashwagandha Herb Helps To Build Immunity
Author: jairamdass khushiram
3. Tooth Extraction Aftercare: Do’s And Don’ts
Author: AstoCare HealthCare
4. Chinese Foot Massage - Give Yourself And Your Friends An Invigorating Foot Massage
Author: Ethan Robort
5. Massage For Soft Tissue Pain Relief
Author: Ethan Robort
6. Basic Information You Should Know About Thai Massage
Author: Ethan Robort
7. Choose The Right Chiropractor For Lower Back Pain To Get Relief
Author: Robert Augustine
8. Tinnitus Treatment In Sydney Is Now Close At Hand. Get The Ringing Out Of Your Ears In 2021!
Author: Hearingaids Sydney
9. Why It Is Important To Inculcate Good Dental Habits In Your Kids?
Author: Claudia Lamington
10. Here Is What May Be Harming Your Gut Bacteria. Take A Leaky Gut Test Today
Author: myvitalhealth solutions
11. Telehealth Used Less In Disadvantaged Areas, Health Affairs Study Finds
12. How Hospitals Can Improve Customer Self Service
13. Is Wisdom Teeth Removal Really Warranted?
Author: Paulo Pinho
14. Herbal Products Manufacturer | Ayurvedic Third Party Manufacturing
Author: Airen Herbals
15. Benefits Of Digital Smile Design
Author: Dr. P. Parthasarathi Reddy