ALL >> Health >> View Article
Hernia Surgery & Repair - Treatment, Types, Recovery
Hernia is a deadly disease that shouldn’t be neglected, it occurs when a fatty tissue or an organ pushes through and fills up extra space in the human body, this can cause blockage and can be painful. Hernia is not self-treatable illness and in most cases surgery is recommended.
Symptoms of Hernia
1) Swelling in the groin.
2) If there is pain at the site of the bulge or swelling.
3) If the bulge grows over time.
4) If it aches at the site of the bulge.
5) If there is a feeling that there is a bowel.
Cases that require surgery
1) If the tissue becomes trapped in the inner abdominal wall.
2) If the hernia gets strangled inside the abdomen.
3) If it is painful or uncomfortable.
4) If the hernia is growing larger over time.
Treatment of Hernia
Hernia can be treated if the patient is cautious and goes to the doctor on time, the disease can be treated in three ways; good news is that the patient can be discharged within a few days or the same day as of the surgery.
1) Open Surgery
2) Laparoscopic Surgery
3) Robotic Hernia Repair
The doctor will only put a surgical cut at the location of the hernia, the pushed out tissue is set back into place and the abdominal wall is stitched back together properly, sometimes a mesh is attached for added support if required.
It is the same as open surgery in repairing, but the cut is made outside the abdominal wall instead of the location of the tissue that is causing hernia. In Hernia surgery tiny incisions are made to allow surgical tools to do their work.
Robotic Hernia Repair
This is the most technical and advanced way of treating hernia, the doctor controls the automatic surgical tools using a console and monitors the process on a screen, this can be used on smaller hernias and can be used to fix the abdominal wall after surgery.
Recovery after surgery
The patient can go home the same day or in a few days after surgery, the recovery time is 3 weeks however he or she must keep track of the following points during time of recovery.
1) Swelling is a possibility, even after a successful surgery, put ice to reduce swelling.
2) Driving or anything that causes pain is not allowed for 3 weeks.
3) Exercise is allowed after 6 weeks.
4) Call your doctor if the incision is warm or red, if you have a fever, if a testicle swells and is hard or if the wound is bleeding through the bandage.
To summarize, Hernia sounds like a scary name but it is a disease that is only fatal if you are careless, in case of any symptoms go to Advance Surgicare Clinic and if recommended get surgery as soon as possible.
Health Articles1. Handheld Cold Laser Therapy Device For Joint Pain Relief
Author: Renee Zhong
2. Global Car Deodorizer Market
Author: Statzy Market Research
3. Fitness And Workout Programs Now At Your Fingertips
4. Should I Get My Wisdom Teeth Extracted?
Author: Will Sievier
5. Depressed And Out Of Work | Mental Health Services In Battle Creek
6. Effective Tips To Fall Asleep Fast
Author: Al Samer
7. What Are Benefits Of Doing Spa - Footrelief
8. Top 5 Tips For Speakers When Engaging With Hcps At Medical Conferences
9. Whether To Go In For Siemens Hearing Aids Or A Pair Of Sonic Hearing Aids? We Will Help You
Author: Hearingaids Sydney
10. Blood Cancer Causes, Symptoms & Treatment Options
11. Know About The Process Of Ivf And Infertility Clinic In Delhi
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
12. Deciphering The Genetics Behind Eating Disorders | Mental Disorder Treatment In Battle Creek
13. Cosmetic Dentistry Explained By Best Dentist In Brampton
14. Why Air Ambulance Service Is Essential In India?
Author: Ajay Agarwal
15. Is The Ambulance Really Safer Than Your Vehicle?
Author: Ziqitza Health Care Limited