ALL >> Health >> View Article
Halitosis : Causes Of Bad Breath
Halitosis is a condition in which bad breath is emitted from one’s mouth. Halitosis is a recurring issue and can be kept under control by practicing good oral hygiene.
Halitosis can be a sign of underlying dental or medical conditions. Halitosis can cause embarrassment and psychological disorders. Do not neglect!!
Most common causes of bad breath are:
• Poor Oral Hygiene: If you do not brush properly, the entrapped food particles are attacked by bacteria producing sulfur compounds causing bad breath.
• Dry mouth: Dry mouth often causes bad odor. Saliva helps cleanse your mouth by eliminating bad odor producing particles. So, a decreased salivary flow leads to dry mouth or xerostomia leading to emanation of bad breath.
• Dental problems: some of the dental conditions like gum disease, tooth decay, surgical wounds after extraction, dental appliances etc. also cause bad breath.
• Medications: some medications produce chemicals which can lead to bad breath.
• Underlying medical conditions: Metabolic disorders, GERD etc. also cause fetid odor.
How can you avoid bad breath?
A constant practice of good oral hygiene like brushing twice daily, flossing & keeping yourself hydrated reduce risk of gum diseases and tooth decay. If the problem of halitosis still persists, consult a dentist at FMS Dental today. The dentist will evaluate your condition clinically and the treatment depends on the underlying cause.
#Halitosis #BadBreath #DentalClinic #DryMouth
Prof. Dr. P. Parthasarathi Reddy, CEO of FMS Dental Hospitals, established true MULTISPECIALITY DENTAL CARE with OSHA standards and NABH Accreditation under one roof. From 1993, Dr.P.P. developed an empire in Dental Health in India in just 26 years by establishing dental clinics, dental lab, dental school and other training academies. Dr. P. P‘s continuous and extreme desire to succeed has made FMS as the ‘8th Best Dental Center in the world’ and the ‘Best Dental Center in India’ by Global Clinic Rating (GCR) association.
FMS Dental Is Best Dental Implant clinic In India , Our Other BranchesDental Clinic In Kompally | Dental Clinic In Secunderabad | Dental Clinic In Koti | Dental Clinic In Banjara Hills
Prof. Dr. P. Parthasarathi Reddy, the visionary founder Chairman, Sri Sai College of Dental Surgery and CEO of FMS Dental Hospitals Pvt Ltd, established true MULTISPECIALITY DENTAL CARE with NABH Accreditation for its global standards of quality-oriented services and OSHA standards of sterilization under one roof.
Health Articles1. Handheld Cold Laser Therapy Device For Joint Pain Relief
Author: Renee Zhong
2. Global Car Deodorizer Market
Author: Statzy Market Research
3. Fitness And Workout Programs Now At Your Fingertips
4. Should I Get My Wisdom Teeth Extracted?
Author: Will Sievier
5. Depressed And Out Of Work | Mental Health Services In Battle Creek
6. Effective Tips To Fall Asleep Fast
Author: Al Samer
7. What Are Benefits Of Doing Spa - Footrelief
8. Top 5 Tips For Speakers When Engaging With Hcps At Medical Conferences
9. Whether To Go In For Siemens Hearing Aids Or A Pair Of Sonic Hearing Aids? We Will Help You
Author: Hearingaids Sydney
10. Blood Cancer Causes, Symptoms & Treatment Options
11. Know About The Process Of Ivf And Infertility Clinic In Delhi
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
12. Deciphering The Genetics Behind Eating Disorders | Mental Disorder Treatment In Battle Creek
13. Cosmetic Dentistry Explained By Best Dentist In Brampton
14. Why Air Ambulance Service Is Essential In India?
Author: Ajay Agarwal
15. Is The Ambulance Really Safer Than Your Vehicle?
Author: Ziqitza Health Care Limited