ALL >> Business >> View Article
What’s On The Technology Horizon For 2021?
As we draw to the end of 2020 and reflect, nobody could have predicted what a year we’d have. COVID turned the world upside down. Things will never be the same as they were – certain businesses and industries were destroyed while others had a stellar year. People are working remotely and relying on technology more than they ever have. A bright side of COVID is that it became a catalyst for technology innovation. COVID will go away, but the innovation that was forced to happen to deal with it will not.
Moving into 2021, there are technologies that will thrive and impact all of us. Some of the biggest ones are – Artificial Intelligence, As-a-Service Revolution, Extended Reality, and Evergreen IT. What are these and why do they affect you?
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – AI has been an evolving technology that is in everything from your automatic NEST thermostat, to a Tesla auto driving car, to the medical companies that are working on COVID vaccines. Computers are doing the thinking and making our lives easier and better. Think about the volume of data that is being collected on COVID. Computers are processing ...
... that data, looking for trends to figure out how it spreads, what is successful in fighting it, and predicting demands for healthcare providers. AI also works for business in watching and predicting changes in human behavior – think about the shift of shopping online vs in person. What products are being purchased, by whom, and how often? AI helps crunch this data to figure out demographics to market to and recommends what will be successful. AI also has a seen a big growth in the computer security sector. No longer are computers in house and controlled by a company as they had been. People are working from wherever they can. Security software uses AI and big data to protect these devices a look for and report on anomalies. Expect the use of AI and big data to continue to grow in 2021.
- Evergreen IT – Evergreen IT is the idea that technology always remains relevant and current. Traditional IT has been buying servers and software, running it for several years and then repeating the cycle when either forced to by obsolescence or on a budgeted plan. This is often very disruptive and can be very expensive. Evergreen IT is the idea that everything remains current – this can involve Software as a Service, cloud computing, and hardware as a service. Take Microsoft and Windows 10 as an example. Windows 10 is designed to be Evergreen. Once you buy Windows 10, you will always get the latest updates – in theory forever. It auto updates itself and adds relevant features that might not have even existed a few years back. It’s the last version of Windows you’ll buy. Many software providers, Infor included, are pushing customers to Software as a Service. The software is continually updated and remains relevant –once on the cloud version, you will never need to do another upgrade again. Effort that once was spent doing these upgrades can be re-directed to something that actually grows and pertains to the business that you are in vs maintaining the IT infrastructure. You’ll see more of this in 2021 as well.
As the year draws to an end, we have hope and things to look forward to in 2021. Vaccines are being developed and are soon to be deployed to help fight COVID. Technology is also running at full speed. At NSA we are looking forward to 2021 and helping our customers use this technology to better their businesses and themselves. As always, if you do have questions or want to talk about what NSA can do for you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. Enjoy the Holiday season and stay safe.
Read full article: https://www.nsacom.com/whats-on-the-technology-horizon-for-2021/
See more related article: https://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/new-year-s-resolutions-for-cyber-security
NSA has been helping companies get the most out of their ERP and has continually exceeded client expectations by providing the best service and support. For More Info : Visit Here : https://www.nsacom.com/
Business Articles1. Look As Professional As Possible With Metal Name Tags With Logo
Author: Nadia Karmas
2. Mobile Application Development Company In Singapore
Author: Xsosys Technology Pte Ltd
3. Best International Job Consultants Mumbai, India, M Gheewala
Author: Mehmood Gheewala
4. Top Web Design Practices For 2021
Author: MELISSA MERRIAM
5. Innovative Discovery Launches Web Series: Afternoon Tea With Id
Author: Savannah Aaron
6. Eliminate On-street Parking Issues With Stack Parking
Author: Wohr Parking System
7. China Export Data Offers A Great Understanding Of International Trade And Business
Author: Varun Pratap Singh
8. Considerations While Choosing Your Roofing Materials
Author: Fred Lydick
9. Selvam Hardwares - Cement Dealers In Coimbatore
Author: Michael Oliver
10. Global Moringa Products Market
11. Global Crawler Camera System Market
12. Global Bio Based Organic Acids Market
13. Building Design For Sound And Acoustic Enclosure
Author: Kevin Richard
14. Top Reasons You Should Hire A Professional Car Removal Company
Author: Software Base
15. Go Green Recycling!” Here's How To Get The Most Money For Your Car When You Scrap It
Author: Software Base