ALL >> Business >> View Article
Representative Offices In The Uae - 10 Zone
Representative Offices In The UAE:
The UAE Companies Law, article (313) allows a foreign company to promote its main activity in UAE by opening a representative office. The following activities are permissible:
1. Representing the financial institution licensed to deal inside the country, including contacts on its behalf with concerned agencies as well as promoting its services in the local market.
2. Providing the head office of the licensed financial institution with data relating to economic developments in the country.
Providing customers of the licensed financial institution with information on the local market.
4. Providing data to local agency, which intends to develop its business in countries wherein the licensed institution conduct its business.
5. Providing customers with banking, financial and investment consultation services.
The license to open such a representative office is governed by certain provisions of the law and executive regulation. Accordingly, a foreign company representative office is not allowed to practice its activity unless it obtains a license issued by (1) the Ministry of Economy and (2) the Department of Economic Development.
In cases where the activities of the parent company are financial in nature, approvals will first have to be sought from the Central Bank of the UAE.
It must be noted that representative offices are allowed to market and promote the activities of the parent entity, and not to engage in client-facing sales activities. This differs from a branch office setup where branches are allowed to carry out the service of the parent company, including invoice clients and service them.
A representative office in essence, would serve as a cost center only.
Central Bank approvals:
The Central Bank of the UAE is very selective in approving representative offices of financial companies. The application process involves submission of a set of documents (that have to be duly notarized and legalized) to the authority, following which there is a review of the submission conducted by the Authorization Committee. In practice, this whole process can easily take over 6 months, without any guarantees of approvals.
Ministry of Economy:
It is a mandatory requirement to appoint a UAE national to act as the Local Service Agent of a representative office registered in the UAE. The Local Service Agent’s duty is only to assist the company in matters related to the Government, such as visas & immigration. His role and responsibility to the representative office is limited and restricted to the annual lump sum fee agreed as per the Local Service Agent agreement notarized in the Dubai Courts. He is not a participant in the operational, banking or administrative affairs of the representative office.
The notarized and attested corporate documents of the parent company would be attached with the application to the Ministry of Economy, along with the application fee of AED 5,000. Once approved, an annual registration fee of AED 10,000 would be incurred (in addition to the annual license fee charged by the Dubai Department of Economic Department). A bank guarantee for an amount of AED 50,000 will also have to be provided to the Ministry of Economy; this guarantee shall be refundable only upon cancellation of the registration of the representative office.
Representative offices are a good way to enter the market, especially for financial service companies.
Of course, the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and the recently created Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) offer excellent alternatives with possibilities of upgrade the license to undertake financial service activities as well. More on that in a different post!
Check For Update:https://10zone.ae/representative-offices-in-the-uae/
I'M Siddhumenega from Bangalore, India. Working as a Content Writer
Business Articles1. Application Of Bt-150d Cnc Insert Grinding Machine
Author: yang huimin
2. Global Augmented Analytics Market
Author: Rupali Dagade
3. Global Automotive Fuel Cell Market
Author: Rupali Dagade
4. Global Commercial Drones Market
Author: Rupali Dagade
5. How To Choose The Right Nitrile Gloves For Your Application?
Author: Nancy Foo
6. How To Use Eyeshadow Boxes To Delight Your Eyeshadow
Author: Sam Wilson
7. May You Should Know About Urea Formaldehyde Resin Powder
8. Unique Idea's Of Bath Bomb Boxes For Your Products
Author: Kevin Marshall
9. Custom Candle Boxes | Wholesale Candle Packaging
Author: custom boxes plus
10. Top Slurry Eductor
11. Improve The Marketing Of Your Products With Pos Display
12. Dubai Business Initiatives Earn Praise From Al Maya Group
13. A 2020 Tax Year Guide For Solopreneurs
Author: eWomen Network
14. Checking Out Leading Food Distributors In Oman
15. Boost Up Your Business Through Top Notch And Quality Loan
Author: Mission vally capital