ALL >> Health >> View Article
How To Ensure Proper Med Waste In Times Of A Pandemic!
PPE kit takes time to degrade and if not disposed off properly it becomes a bio hazardous waste disposal. The injection and other sharp metals used should be disposed off in the sharps container.
Covid19 has changed the world we know. When 2020 started who knew this is how the year will turn out to be? Everything ha changed and even if we go back to our old lifestyle we have to remain cautious at all the times. However, there is one thing, which is of utmost importance and should be paid attention to immediately.
When treating Covid19 patients PPE kits, gloves, masks, injections, sterilizers and other medical things are being used. And since this is a pandemic, all the medical things that are used once, cannot be reused and as such, all of it needs to be disposed off properly. This is a big challenge because the PPE kit takes time to degrade and if not disposed off properly it becomes a biohazardous waste disposal. The injection and other sharp metals used should be disposed off in the sharps container. And this action is not only restricted to the frontline workers but on relies on us as well.
All of us are using gloves and masks on a daily basis. We are disposing them as well. You just cannot dump them in the local garbage where you throw all your regular garbage. You have to look for proper bins where you can dispose the mask and the gloves. There are many videos in YouTube that highlights the careless disposal of gloves and masks and which have turned up on the shore and the sea causing harm to the marine life. YouTube is full of these videos. In order to save and protect ourselves we just cannot cause harm to the other living beings in the environment. And thus we have to be very careful about where and how we dispose of these med wastes.
We may recover from Covid19 but if we overlook this management of med waste, we will end up doing more harm to the environment than any kind of good. In the last few decades we have already caused irreparable damage that is hard to overlook. So it is important that we take into account all our actions from now on. Because 5 years down the line there will be no more scope for action. Whatever will be happening will be reactions to all that has happened so far.
Disposing of med waste properly has always been an area of concern for environmentalists. And with this pandemic things are going out of hand. But if each one of us does our duty and disposes of the mask and the gloves properly, we can still play the much required part and save the environment. Create awareness about this. Ask people in your life to be careful about how they dispose off these stuffs. Each one of us is accountable for our actions and the sooner we make sure that we are not causing any further damage to the environment the better it will be. If you don’t know how to dispose of these wastes properly, asks your local doctor, he will guide and advise you properly.
Health Articles1. Is Surgery The Only Last Resort For Tennis Elbow? – Opt For Regenerative Treatment
Author: Medica Stem Cells
2. Never Be Worried About Foot & Ankle Injuries
Author: Dr. Arunava Lala
3. Are You Losing Your Motivation After Lockdown To Begin Your Workout To Maintain Your Fitness? Here I
4. Tooth Implants – Important Instructions To Follow Before & After Surgery
Author: Paulo pinho
5. Here’s How Dental Implants Give You The Prettiest Smile
Author: Paulo pinho
6. 7 Types Of Wheelchair Ramps And Their Uses
7. Are You Worried About Your Mental Health? Tms Therapy Can Help
Author: Jason pace
8. How Does Depression Affect The Quality Of Life And What Can You Do?
Author: Jason pace
9. Essential Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
Author: Ibhar Hugoz
10. Enjoy Significant Health Advantages With The Ketogenic Diet
11. Artvigil Pills For Narcolepsy- Buy Artvigil Online Without Prescription To Treat Sleep Apnea
12. What Are The Most Common Orthopedic Issues & Treatment For It?
Author: Dinesh Kumar
13. 7 Things You Can Do To Improve The Health And Wellness Of Your Parents
14. Setting Up A Home Gym: What To Invest In First
15. What Is The Right Dosage Of Gabapentin For Neuropathic Pain Relief? Gabapentin 300mg Pills