ALL >> Health >> View Article
Importance Of Credentialing In Medical Billing Process
Providers cannot underestimate the importance of proper credentialing if they wish to ensure a steady cash flow. They need to respond to credentialing requests by insurance carries in a timely manner and also be prepared with the accurate documentation. If they lack in meeting the requests, it can lead to deactivation and loss of revenue. For instance, if a carrier deactivates a provider, he/she will have to enroll in the program all over again.
Also, it will put claims on hold anywhere between 90-180 days based on the insurance carrier’s processing time.
• Medicaid requires annual credentialing
• Medicare requires re-validation every five years
• Credentialing for new providers takes 60-120 days by Medicare and Medicaid
Credentialing is very important if you want your practice to earn revenue.
So whether you are hiring a new physician for your practice or you are starting a new practice, make sure to send the required information to the credentialing staff as soon as possible because backdating is not allowed by some carriers.
You will need certification for individual or practice along with practice ownership breakdown for the credentialing process. Carriers have been asked by the CMS and Affordable Care Act to become stricter in this process in order to prevent fraud in the healthcare industry.
Medical billing and credentialing have a strong connection. If the provider or physician isn’t credentialed with insurance companies, he/she cannot be an approved provider of services. Till this approval isn’t there, medical billing of services cannot be completed. Once the provider is credentialed, he/she can start treating patients in the network and also start sending claims for reimbursement.
Many practices choose to outsource credentialing task to a third party as this process is quite extensive and needs to be done in an accurate manner. Since it is a tedious process, it is better left to professionals.
A reliable billing company will not only increase insurance reimbursement for the practice but also help in streamlining the vexing credentialing process. They work with experts who are qualified to set up and manage files, data input systems that are used during admissions. Billing companies submit credentialing applications seamlessly and also follow-up till the physician or practice’s enrollment hasn’t been processed. So why fret? It is better to take the weight off of your staff’s shoulders and let experts handle credentialing for you.
About 24/7 Medical Billing Services:
24/7 Medical Billing Services is the nation’s leading medical billing service provider catering services to more than 43 specialties across the entire 50 states. You can rely on us for end-to-end revenue cycle management. We guarantee up to 10-20% increase in the revenue with cost reduction of your practice for up to 50%. Call us today at 888-502-0537 to know more on how we can help boost profitability for your practice.
Contact us -
24/7 Medical Billing Services,
16192 Coastal Hwy,
Lewes, DE – 19958
Tel: + 1 -888-502-0537
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Articles1. Is Surgery The Only Last Resort For Tennis Elbow? – Opt For Regenerative Treatment
Author: Medica Stem Cells
2. Never Be Worried About Foot & Ankle Injuries
Author: Dr. Arunava Lala
3. Are You Losing Your Motivation After Lockdown To Begin Your Workout To Maintain Your Fitness? Here I
4. Tooth Implants – Important Instructions To Follow Before & After Surgery
Author: Paulo pinho
5. Here’s How Dental Implants Give You The Prettiest Smile
Author: Paulo pinho
6. 7 Types Of Wheelchair Ramps And Their Uses
7. Are You Worried About Your Mental Health? Tms Therapy Can Help
Author: Jason pace
8. How Does Depression Affect The Quality Of Life And What Can You Do?
Author: Jason pace
9. Essential Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers
Author: Ibhar Hugoz
10. Enjoy Significant Health Advantages With The Ketogenic Diet
11. Artvigil Pills For Narcolepsy- Buy Artvigil Online Without Prescription To Treat Sleep Apnea
12. What Are The Most Common Orthopedic Issues & Treatment For It?
Author: Dinesh Kumar
13. 7 Things You Can Do To Improve The Health And Wellness Of Your Parents
14. Setting Up A Home Gym: What To Invest In First
15. What Is The Right Dosage Of Gabapentin For Neuropathic Pain Relief? Gabapentin 300mg Pills