ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Microchip Delivers First 8-bit Mcu Family For Can Fd Networks
November 26, 2020,New Delhi— Meeting the demand for increased bandwidth and flexible data rates in evolving automotive applications like safety and communication, while further supporting the development of advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) today announced its PIC18 Q84 family — the first PIC18 microcontroller (MCU) family that can be used to transmit and receive data through a Controller Area Network Flexible Data-Rate (CAN FD) bus. Accompanied by an extensive array of Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) that handle a variety of tasks without requiring CPU intervention, Microchip’s PIC18 Q84 family cuts both time and cost when connecting systems to a CAN FD network.
The family provides a simple solution for transporting sensor data to a CAN FD bus, without the need for gateways or sophisticated network switching techniques. In addition, its configurable CIPs make it easy to create custom hardware-based functions for automotive and industrial designs with near-zero latency. Additional code is not required. Available peripherals include a 32-bit Cyclic Redundancy ...
... Check with Scan (CRC/SCAN) and a Windowed Watchdog Timer (WWDT) for functional safety capabilities, and a Joint Test Action Group (JTAG) interface to implement industry-standard testing and debugging.
“CAN FD will continue to play a critical role in delivering faster data transfer rates for applications, ranging from the connected car to industrial automation and smart homes,” said Greg Robinson, associate vice president of marketing for Microchip’s 8-bit microcontroller business unit. “Microchip is furthering the adoption of this protocol with our latest 8-bit PIC® MCU family, helping designers create cost-effective network nodes at scale.”
The PIC18 Q84 family offers both hardware and software support. Hardware includes a Curiosity Nano Development Board and a Curiosity High Pin Count (HPC) Development Board. A plug-in module (PIM) is also available for the Automotive Networking Development Board and for use with Microchip development boards. Software includes Microchip’s MPLAB® Code Configurator (MCC).
Pricing and Availability
The PIC18 Q84 family is available in volume production starting at $0.78 in 10,000-unit quantities.
For additional information, contact a Microchip sales representative, authorized worldwide distributor or visit Microchip’s website. To purchase products mentioned here, click to order now or contact a Microchip authorized distributor.
High-res images available through Flickr or editorial contact (feel free to publish):
• Application image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/49946774376
• Tool image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/49947064327
About Microchip Technology
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company’s solutions serve more than 120,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications and computing markets. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality. For more information, visit the Microchip website at www.microchip.com.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Mango Dehydrator Is A Very Advanced Fruit Drying Device!
Author: DYNAMIC DRYERS INTERNATIONAL
2. Top 6 Trends In The Pcb Manufacturing
3. 5 Features Of The Perfect Online Gaming Payment Gateway
4. Importance Of Gateway Services For Gaming Industries
5. Why App Development Outsourcing Is Beneficial For Your Business
6. Dream Big For Better Business With Cost-effective Internet Service
7. Enjoy Your Precious Time Communicating Using 5g
8. When Should You Take Your Mobile Phone For Repairs?
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
9. How To Create An Icloud Account On Pc?
10. Does Microsoft Teams Charge Per Meeting
11. Tips For Collecting Payments While Maintaining A Positive Customer Experience
12. Continues Development Of Connection With 4g & 5g Networks
13. Technology Adoption To Improve Workplace Innovation
Author: Amit K
14. Top 5 Tips For Making Secure Online Money Transfers In 2022
15. How To Avoid Problems With Online Payments