ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Some Strategies Adopted By Data-secure Enterprises
Some Strategies Adopted By Data-Secure Enterprises
Organizations face a daunting security challenge with digital assets dispersed around IT environments and data breaches still a daily concern: how can you harmonize the security model to avoid using different best practices and resources for the conventional three-tier data center than you have for the cloud?
A recent study revealed that the second data security challenge was to secure data moving between on-site and the cloud, preceded only by guarding against malicious damage/hacking.
Organizations today need a more programmatic approach that explores and integrates all data sources and networks into a comprehensive security strategy.
Emphasis on User Behavior
A more user-centric strategy is needed.
In other words, depending on where they fall on a scale of risk, the security policies should be applied to each user individually. Such risk assessments and the policy implementation based on them can change dynamically based on a person's actions.
The results of the study support this notion. The least likely to have been abused were companies deploying behavioral analytics, machine learning, and cloud-based access controls.
To secure a conventional infrastructure with a specified perimeter, traditional security approaches have been developed. Given that the perimeter is all but gone, organizations that recognize data movements between data centers and the cloud and implement policies that account for evolving risk factors, such as the system and network in use, and the identity and job position of the user are more likely to prevent breaches.
1. Leverage Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems with data analytics, machine learning, and automation.
Companies that have added automated DLP systems are able to detect user trends quickly and learn from them to grant or refuse access automatically based on the company's important variables.
2. Establish user-centric policies.
It isn't easy to secure channels one by one as employees communicate with data on PCs, tablets, USB sticks, email, etc., especially when using various security products that do not integrate. Based on user variables such as system, network, and application, it's easier to monitor data.
3. Be careful of protecting only a subset of your entire data.
Many organizations run their DLP systems in audit-only mode or take a black-and-white approach to blocking or enabling all access to data. Besides, while leaving others wide open, they secure data carefully, but only for some networks or avenues. Such techniques leave organizations vulnerable to downtime, lost image, fines, litigation, and data loss.
4. Avoid a mix of unintegrated, point security products.
This primarily occurs when companies initially have a very basic requirement, which expands as they expand and incorporate security items. When you want a more holistic, integrated, and effective approach, joining several security tools leads to disconnects, gaps, and inefficiencies.
5. Evaluate emerging platforms for centralized security.
Visibility across hybrid, private, and public cloud networks can be enabled by newer, more unified systems while automating security policies based on changing circumstances.
While many companies are hit by breaches, those who have added automation in place with behavioral analytics, cloud data control, and machine learning are much better. It can help organizations manage their safety more efficiently by concentrating on the individual, taking a dynamic approach to analyzing their actions, and adjusting security policies based on actual risk.
Appsian One of the leading ERP data security,compliance,implementation solutions provider that gives organizations to complete control and visibility over their ERP data.
Computers Articles1. Top 5 Text Editors To Install On Windows 10
Author: Augustine Bayer
2. How To Connect Hp Deskjet 4152 To Wireless Router
Author: flexi answers
3. 7 Benefits Of Custom Mobile App Ui/ux Design For Business
Author: Neelima Ls
4. What Is Digital Marketing And What Are Its Strategies
Author: Ridzi Arora
5. The Privacy-first Browser That Doesn't Track You
Author: Alexis Norris
6. Solutions For Iphone Not Charging Issues
Author: iFixScreens NewYork
7. Micro-content Vs Long-form Content - Stylus | The Write Solution
Author: Stylus Solutions
8. Anime Lasdan Is The Latest Series In Power Fantasy Genre
Author: Augustine Bayer
9. Yahoo Connection To Server Failed
Author: Jhon smith
10. Get Results With This Philadelphia Seo Agency
Author: Dan Kogan
11. Unable To Load Facebook On Chrome? Here’s The Fix
Author: Katherine Wood
12. Wesley Snipes Auditioned For Coming To America But Did Not Get The Part
Author: Angel Smith
13. Vaccine Administration Management System
Author: Subin Sabu
14. Technology In Nvocc Business
Author: Vijay Anand
15. What Are The Cloud Computing Solutions With Aws?
Author: Anu Walia