ALL >> Education >> View Article
Is It Worth Getting A Pmp Certification?
Therefore, the demand for PMP® certification has grown up incredibly in recent years. Since most employers currently look for individuals with PMP qualifications since it adds value to their industries.
PMP® Certification Overview
This certification is widely recognized throughout the globe. It is provided by the most prestigious organization, namely, PMI®. It is popularly known as a non-profit professional company. An individual with PMP® certification is normally highly acknowledged and respected within the industry.
Therefore, PMP® is known as a vital option for every project manager in the world. Mostly for the individuals wanting to expand their profession further.
PMP® Exam Details
The PMBoK® Guide holds a major part in the PMP exam. It is crucial for any individual to go through this guide thoroughly before taking up the exam since this guide contains all the vital topics required for clearing the PMP exam.
Although it is possible for individuals to take up different books or online courses, however, one must always start the exam preparation with the [PMBoK® guide](https://www.pmi.org/pmbok-guide-standards). There are around 5 important models/domains present for this exam. It includes planning, initiating, executing, controlling and monitoring, and closing the project.
It comprises 200 MCQs, which one must solve correctly to clear the exam. However, few of these questions, i.e., around 25 of them, are pretest. It means that these 25 questions are not related to the final results of an individual. However, it is hard to distinguish between these questions, so it is essential to solving each question seriously. Besides, the candidates are not allowed to take up any resources related to the exam due to it being a closed book exam.
PMP Exam Prerequisites
PMP certification is best suitable for any individual that is skilled in every area of project delivery, guiding, and managing cross-functional teams. In addition, there are few eligibility criteria that one must follow in order to qualify for this certification. These requirements include:
• Guiding projects for around 7500 hours.
• Associate’s the degree/High school diploma
• Training for around 35 hours.
• 4 years degree
• Leading and guiding projects for around 4.500 hours
• Training for around 35 hours
Is this certification worth it?
In case you are confused about whether to get the PMP® certification or not, then you must check whether it is suitable for your field of work or not. Then you must ensure that you are eligible for the certification.
Below are a few advantages that you can get after obtaining the PMP certification.
1. Increases Resume Value: There are numerous certifications that one can choose to take up, out of which PMP certification takes up the top spot. This certification is considered the most vital qualification available for this field. Therefore, the recruiters normally look for individuals with this certification. In addition, the applicants with the PMP certifications are usually prioritized more over the non-certified applicants.
The demand for most project management jobs is high across the entire world. Thus, a huge number of people opt for these jobs. It is normally quite tough for the company to interview each and every applicant individually and takes up a huge amount of resources and time. Therefore, employers normally shortlist applicants before the interview takes place. It is the part where the importance of [PMP certification](https://www.sprintzeal.com/course/pmp-certification-training) is displayed since it helps the recruiters to evaluate the experience of an individual easily.
2. Offers recognition within Organization: Since this certification is acknowledged across the world globally, obtaining it showcases the expertise of an individual. Besides, with this certification, one can also decide to pursue a profession in foreign countries or states. Besides, this certification is an incredible choice for people aiming to grow their career further in this area.
3. Assists you in acquiring advanced skills: To acquire this certification, an individual has to undergo rigorous training. So, it helps the individuals to acquire additional skills that are crucial for this field. It also helps the individual to demonstrate their advanced knowledge in the field. These skills can further help individuals to develop their careers quicker.
Although, PMP might be termed as expensive and time-consuming along with its great difficulty. It provides a higher number of benefits. These certifications are known to be an important qualification that is demanded by several prestigious industries.
Education Articles1. 4 Popular Myths & Facts About Early Childhood Education
Author: John Sarkis
2. Why Icse Board And Why Greenwood
Author: Greenwood High
3. December 18, 2019dean Duperron Is The New Chairman Of Msm Highered - M Square Media
Author: Diptirani Samal
4. What Is Dynamo & The Top Reasons You Should Be Learning & Using It?
Author: NIBT Education
5. Reasons Why You Should Consider An Overseas Education Consultancy
Author: Aman Soumya
6. Bachelor In Hospital Administration (bha)
Author: Shreya Sharma
7. Is It Worth Studying Mbbs In Russia?
Author: Yuvrajsinh Solanki
8. Festivals Of India
Author: Shivani Thakur
9. Non-profit Organizations Work Hard As Girls May Not Go Back To School After The Pandemic
Author: Magicbus USA
10. The Pie Chief Amy Baker Joins Msm International Advisory Board | Msm
11. The Right Place: How To Choose The Best School For Your Child – Hebrew Day School
Author: Kadima Day School
12. Approaches To Get Past Any Final Exams!
Author: Garry Taylor
13. Shawn Swail Is The New Chief Business Officer At Msm - M Square Media
Author: Chetna S
14. The Importance Of Extracurricular Activities - The Millennium Schools
Author: The Millennium School
15. Cbse Preschool In Alandi | Best Cbse Preschool In Charholi
Author: pratik patil