ALL >> Business >> View Article
5 Tips For Last Minute Moving
However, what can you do when you have to move in only a month or less? Is it possible to move home on such short notice? We say yes! Especially if you decide to take into consideration these 5 useful moving tips:
1. Write everything down
Or, in other words, start your moving process by creating a checklist. This is the fastest way you can plan your move and make sure you don’t forget anything. A checklist will also help you keep an eye on how your moving process advances and what steps you need to take next. It’s usually easier if you make your checklist on the computer or a mobile device. This way you can modify your list by adding and removing tasks as soon as you think of them. You should also start delegating and get the entire family to help you. Or ask your friends if they can give you hand. You won’t be able to do all this by yourself in a timely manner.
2. Hire a professional moving company
As soon as you decide to move – either to a new home or office, you need to start doing your research and find the best moving company for you. Make sure you always hire a professional moving ...
... company that has years of experience and a good reputation. Check if the company you’re planning to hire is insured and has all the necessary licenses to function in accordance with the law. The easiest way to check if a company is professional and reputable is to use their USDOT number. This will give you access to every important detail about the company. It will only take you a few minutes to verify the company you’re planning to hire. Don’t settle for the first moving company you find online or for a company that has lower costs than the average moving companies on the market. You risk hiring a scam moving company.
3. Don’t forget about changing your address
One of the most common things people forget about when they’re planning to move is to change their address. However, this is a very important task during the moving process, so make sure you take care of it as soon as possible. Let your business partners, utility companies, banks and any other institutions that need to know your address about your change of address, so you can continue your collaboration with them without any problems. Changing your address is also very important in your relation with newspapers and the post office.
4. Speed up the packing process
You should start packing as soon as you decide to move. To make things easier and, more importantly, faster, start packing the things you don’t currently use, such as out of season clothes, as well as large pieces of furniture that you can live without for a while. Pack everything you have in storage in the basement or attic, but first decide which things you are going to keep and what you can sell or donate. This will help you save time and money because you will get to finish packing faster and need fewer trucks and men for moving. Also, use cardboard boxes as much as you can. You can find them for free at supermarkets, electronics stores, shopping centers and even online. Ask your friends and family if they can help you with free moving boxes too.
5. Let everyone help
If you have a big family, tell each of them what are they tasks during the moving process. Each member should be implied so you can speed up the moving and get things done efficiently. If you have small kids, make sure you find a place for them to be on the moving day. This way you will help them stay away from all the chaos created by the moving itself, and you will also help the movers because they won’t have to keep going around your kids to get to the boxes that need to be moved. Ask your friends to come and help you pack. You can make a party out of this! Anything that will motivate everyone to get involved so you can meet the deadline for moving. They will also be able to help you lift heavy things while you pack your furniture and, if you want to hire just two men and a moving truck, so you can save money, they can help you with loading boxes into the truck. The same goes for the unpacking process too, however, you won’t be in a hurry during this step of the moving process. You can take it a little slower!
Business Articles1. Everything You Need To Know To About Heavy-duty Floor Mats La
Author: eps america
2. Why Credit Repair Fort Lauderdale Is Important To Keep Up In Life?
Author: New Generational Wealth Solutions
3. Ad Serving Strategies For A High Inflation Environment (part 2)
Author: Watson F
4. Insoluble Dietary Fiber Is Expected To Remain The Largest Segment In The Global Dietary Fiber Market
Author: Lucintel LLC
5. Olive Swan, The Feminine Princess, Releases Her 37th Book, Feminine Rhythm
6. The Difference Between Confetti Socks And Winged Socks
Author: Tanja Filipovska
7. Importance Of Hi-vis Vests For Construction Workers
Author: industrial safety gear
8. Sales Of Evaporative Condensing Unit To Hit 1.61 Billion Usd By 2026; Covid-19 Pandemic Unlocks New Opportunities, Opines A Mnm Study
Author: Jack Martin
9. Lucintel Forecasts Connected Truck Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 15% From 2019 To 2024
Author: Lucintel LLC
10. Route 32 Auctions' Country Store & More Auction, May 20-21, Will Be Online And In Crawfordsville, In
Author: Tiffany Cosby
11. The Leading Industries And Suppliers In Construction Chemical Solutions
12. Guide On Mental Math And Its Importance
Author: Satjit kumar
13. 12 Ways To Effectively Promote A New Product Or Service - Ossisto
14. Automotive Turbochargers Sector Analysis
15. Canadian Mint Silver & Gold Coins | Bold Precious Metals
Author: BOLD Precious Metals