ALL >> Health >> View Article
Immunotech : The Systemic Enzyme Based Immuno-modulator In Poultry
Need of Immunomodulators in Poultry
• With the increase in regulations regarding the use of AGP’s and the rise in consumer demand for poultry products from “Raised Without Antibiotics” or “No Antibiotics Ever” flocks, resulted into search of alternative strategies to combat many infectious diseases of poultry, especially avian coccidiosis and necrotic enteritis (NE).
• In recent years, it has been shown that use of immunomodulators in poultry feed may better synergize to obtain the maximum intended effects to compensate for production losses in the absence of antibiotic growth promoters (AGP’s) while still providing good economic returns.
• A great deal of research has focused on the development of antibiotic alternatives to maintain or improve poultry health and performance.
Use of various alternatives such as systemic enzymes based solutions as immunomodulator in poultry feed to modulate poultry immunity and productivity and enhance poultry performance so that chickens can fulfil their genetic potential under existing commercial conditions.
Poultry Immune System
• Immune system plays pivotal role in fighting against pathogenic microbes thereby helps in maintaining overall health and well being of bird.
• The primary role of the immune system is to recognize foreign organisms that have managed to enter the system and initiate appropriate physiological responses to neutralize or eliminate them.
• The avian immune system have both non-specific and specific defence mechanisms to fight against infectious agents which includes :
1. Innate (nonspecific) immunity
2. Adaptive (specific) immunity
• In general the control measures for tackling the avian immuno-suppression rely largely on minimizing stress, reducing exposure to infectious agents through biosecurity, and increasing host resistance to infectious immunosuppressive diseases by immunomodulation.
• Thus a well balanced immune system & improved intestinal function is correlated with :
1. Production performance
2. Health & wellness
3. Food safety
Visit - http://www.abtlenzymes.com/products/poultry/immunomodulators/immunotech
Immunotech is a unique systemic enzyme based immunomodulator which comprises a synergistic combination of Serratiopeptidase, Nattokinase, Bromelain, Papain, & Bioflavonoids (Rutin). Immunotech have its application through feed (Immunotech Powder) as well as through drinking water (Immunotech Liquid) and its cost effectiveness makes it as a versatile solution for poultry farmers.
a) Serratiopeptidase :
Serratiopeptidase is a systemic enzyme having anti-inflammatory, fibrinolytic, and proteolytic properties. It blocks the pain induced amines such as bradykinin, histamine and serotonin responsible for inflammation.
b) Nattokinase :
Nattokinase is an enzyme isolated and extracted from natto, has antioxidant and fibrinolytic properties thereby improves intestinal health.
c) Bromelain :
Bromelain enzyme is isolated from pineapple has anti-inflammatory and fibrinolytic action and also exerts proteolytic action.
d) Papain :
Papain is a cysteine protease isolated from papaya, helps in improving intestinal morphology and also has strong anti-inflammatory activity.
e) Bioflavonoids (Rutin) :
Rutin is a very powerful anti-oxidant that scavenges free radicals which are responsible for inducing oxidative stress and also plays important role in immunity enhancement by stimulating activity of immune cells.
Mechanism of Action
• Immunotech binds to α-2-macroglobulin in the blood in the ratio of 1:1, which helps to mask its antigenicity but retain its enzymatic activity. It is slowly transferred to site of infection.
• Immunotech hydrolyses bradykinin, histamine, and serotonin responsible for inflammation due to infection.
• Immunotech reduces virus replication and bacterial multiplication by eating away the protein shell surrounding the virus and cell wall of bacteria.
• Immunotech has the strongest proteolytic activity against pathogenic protein and can be of helpful in preventing viral and bacterial diseases.
Immunosuppression in Poultry
Immune suppression literally means, “suppression of the immunity”. It is a great concern in the poultry industry worldwide. It may occur due to infections, but stress (high temperature, poor nutrition, poor management) induced immune-suppression is a commonly occurring issue in commercial poultry production. Compromised immunity results in poor performance, low body weight, increased FCR, mortality and secondary bacterial infections in the flock. So, to counteract the above consequences due to immune competence, we must look into certain strategies for its amelioration by means of immunomodulation or immunopotentiation through dietary interventions and drinking water.
Role of Immunotech in Alleviating the Negative Impact of Summer Stress on bird Performance
• Summer stress is considered as a serious issue of the poultry industry that affect sustainability of poultry production systems in tropical and subtropical regions of the world.
• Chickens subjected to high ambient temperatures not only show high mortality and low performance but also produce inferior quality meat.
• Heat stress drastically decreases broiler production performance due to lowered feed intake and alterations in acid-base balance and ion exchange mechanism.
• During the heat stress particularly in broiler greatest part of the energy production is directed towards thermoregulation mechanisms, which develop stress-induced immunosuppression.
• Dietary modifications by the use Immunotech in poultry feed and/or through drinking water are considered the most favoured and practical ways to mitigate the effect of heat stress in poultry.
Immunotech Unique Features
• Improved drug efficacy
• Improved Liver Health
Advantages of Immunotech
• Immunotech helps in improving body weight gain, feed efficiency and processing yields in broiler.
• In layer it helps in improving egg production parameters, increased vaccine titre and overall gut health.
• In breeder birds it helps in increasing rate of egg fertility and hatchability thereby chick quality and performance.
Recommended Inclusion Levels :
For Broiler : Pre-starter & starter : 500 g/ton of feed
Finisher : 250 g/ton of feed
For Layer/Breeder : 250 g/ton of feed
Continuous Application : 250 ml/1000 birds in drinking water twice a day for first two
days of application, followed by 100 ml/1000 birds twice in a day third day onwards
Intermittent Application : 250 ml/1000 birds in drinking water twice a day.
Immunotech powder : 1 kg
Immunotech Liquid : 1. 5 lit
Health Articles1. Dental Implants - Winning Smiles Dental Surgery | Blacktown | Denham Court | Kellyville
Author: Dr.Samreen Kaur
2. The Significance Of Dermatology
Author: Anu Walia
3. 5 Benefits Of Consulting An Experienced Dermatologist
Author: Anu Walia
4. Read This Guideline To Know How To Use Black Seed Oil Aka Kalonji Oil And Make It A Part Of Your Oil
Author: Rigel Herbal Oil Company
5. Ivf Process And Treatment
Author: Dr. Mandeep kaur
6. The Cost Of Lasik Eye Surgery In Delhi - Lasikdelhi
Author: Dr. Rajiv Bajaj
7. Aged Shelf Corporations For Sale – Consider The Best Option For You
Author: LUIS CORREIA
8. Buy Keto Shake Online Uk And Lose Body Weight On The Go!
Author: Danial Lewis
9. India Organ Preservation Market
10. How To Prevent Your Children’s Dental Decay?
Author: AstoCare HealthCare
11. What Is The Use Of Visiting A Podiatrist In Bath?
Author: Dave Woods
12. Can Heel Pain Heal?
Author: Dave Woods
13. Tackling Dht-induced Hair Loss: What Works, What Does Not
Author: Rupal Jain
14. Elderly Care: 5 Best Foods For Senior Citizens
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
15. Dr. Vikas Kathuria Is The Best Neurologist In Gurgaon
Author: Dr. Vikas Kathuria