ALL >> Business >> View Article
Impact Of Covid – 19 On Worker’s Compensation
With a rapid shift to work from home options and increased unemployment levels, the COVID-19 pandemic has made a great impact on workers in Australia. It has long-term effects on the mental health and wellbeing of employees and potential workers’ compensation claims. Our workers compensation lawyers in Perth list the impacts of COVID-19 on worker’s compensation.
- COVID-19 encouraged employees to take excess leave before the end of the financial year, which can have a great financial impact on the business.
- It affects the ability of insurers and employers to manage existing and new claims. This is either due to business is shut down or the worker being unable to comply with recovery and return to work plan. The delay in managing the claims is also due to the inability of the worker’s to attend medical examinations and assessments.
- There is an increased number of claims for psychiatric injury as employers are forced to reduce work hours or shut down (or put into hibernation) the entire business. It causes anxiety and other psychological effects on workers due to the pending changes to their employment or the implemented changes to their employment.
- There is also an increase in the number of old claims that are being re-booted by the workers to claim compensation for the existing injuries to ensure financial certainty and stability during these tough financial times.
- There will also be an increase in the number of applications for suitable employment according to section 18 of the Act for those workers with existing injuries and who want to return to work.
Requirements to Lodge a Worker’s Compensation Claim
- A medical confirmation report of COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Evidence that reveals that the exposure to COVID-19 occurred within your work environment.
- Medical confirmation that your employment contributed to COVID-19 infection.
The insurer will consider the following details to accept your claim for COVID-19.
- The workers compensation claim for COVID-19 has to be made within 6 months of diagnosis.
- The confirmation that you are worker in accordance with the Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003.
- Medical confirmation for COVID-19.
- Evidence that you are exposed to the virus from the work environment.
Your workers compensation lawyer will provide you with expert legal advice and assistance during COVID-19. Visit https://www.trewinnorman.com.au/ to talk to our criminal injury lawyers in Perth and public liability lawyers in Perth.
The author of this article is one of the leading criminal injury lawyers Perth with over a decade of experience. In this article, he explains the impact of COVID-19 on workers compensation claims. Visit https://www.trewinnorman.com.au/ for more information.
Based in Perth’s Northern Suburbs, Trewin Norman and Co are a specialist practice offering legal advice and representation in all areas of personal injury law including motor vehicle accidents, workers’ compensation, public liability, criminal injuries compensation and superannuation claims. We will ensure the efficient processing of all aspects of your claim. Trewin Norman & Co have a friendly dedicated team who will assist you in understanding the claim process and ensure you receive your legal right to compensation. Please contact us for your obligation free consultation today. Call us @ (08) 9240 7722 or visit http://www.trewinnorman.com.au
Business Articles1. What Are 6 Reasons To Hire Web Developers For Your Ecommerce Website?
2. These Are The Ten Things That Stain Your Teeth The Most
Author: Charlie Wellish
3. Complete Information About Commercial Security Systems
Author: dev patel
4. Hire Best Packers And Movers In India
5. Things To Remember Before You Do A Home Up Gradation
6. How To Keep The Old Charm With The New In Kitchen Remodeling?
7. Global Food Grade Gases Market
8. Global Third-party Logistics Market – Industry Analysis And Forecast
9. Software-as-a-service (saas) Market
10. The Ultimate Guide To Home Alarm System Installation In Uk
Author: dev patel
11. Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market
12. Global Nanophotonic Market – Industry Analysis And Forecast
13. Global Chewing Gum Market: Industry Analysis And Forecast
14. Fintech Blockchain Market – Global Industry Analysis And Forecast
15. Global High Temperature Insulation Materials Market