ALL >> Sports >> View Article
5 Deer Scouting Tips For A More Successful Hunting Season
Doing some scouting before deer season kicks off? Here are some tips that will simplify your scouting efforts. Plus, discover a game-changing strategy for keeping track of the spots you’ve found and saving your treestand locations. Have a look:
1. Look for the Place Where the Trails Meet.
When searching for a spot to hang your treestand, always look for where the natural confluence of game trails. This can multiply your chances of deer passing through on their way to feed or bedding.
Look for Natural Food Sources
Do you know the favorite fall food of the deer? Well the answer is, Acron. Somewhere, if you find isolated patches of oaks that are actively dropping acorns, these are excellent spots to set up. Use your binoculars to take a close look at the canopy to see if the trees are loaded up with acorns or if they are bare. Other than Acron, Persimmons or beechnuts are the favorite food of deer. Consider yourself lucky if you manage to locate an overgrown apple orchard.
3. Mount a Trail Cam over your Mineral Lick.
If your state’s regulations permit the use of mineral licks, hanging a trail camera over one is a quick way to assess what deer are in the area and when they are on their feet. Monitoring their behavior ahead of time is a great way to get a leg up when the season begins.
4. Spot the Signs of Deer Activity.
Look for recent deer signs such as fresh tracks, fresh droppings and cracked acorn shells. You won’t see much in the way of rubs and scrapes right now, but as the season nears, keep a close eye out for these giveaways that you’re on a buck’s home turf.
Use the FarWide App to Save Custom Pins and Notes While you’re Scouting
The FarWide App and in-browser experience can help you scope out great hunting locations, but it can do much more than that. While you’re scouting, you can mark the location of your treestand by dropping custom pins onto the map, which will help you find it much more easily if you’ve lost track of it or you’re trying to locate it in the dark. You can also mark where you’ve placed your trail cameras, where you’ve found recent deer signs, and where natural food sources are located. Add notes at each location to remember important details.
FarWide is a search engine for hunters, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts. Available for FREE at www.farwide.com & on the Apple App Store.
Sports Articles1. Carbon Triathlon Bike
Author: john john wick
2. An Introduction To Hot Air Ballooning
Author: James Jessica
3. The Ideal Fly Rod For Small River
Author: Rogers Stevens
4. Duck Hunting Unlimited
Author: FarWide Inc.
5. Deep Sea Fishing And Sport Fishing - A One Of A Kind Experience In Dubai
Author: Mr Safnas
6. A Guide To Nba Player Prop Betting
Author: Bryson Kaleb
7. Is Horse Riding Healthy? Amazing Facts Exposed Inside!
8. Health Advantages Of Horse Riding
9. Why Horse Riding Is The Most Readily Valuable Therapy
10. Can A Paintball Gun Shoot Marbles?
Author: best Paintball Guns
11. Brook Trout, Turkey Hunting, And The Next Generation
12. How To Play Fantasy Cricket At Mplay11
Author: Aishwarya Sekar
13. Elk Hunting – The Ultimate Big Game Hunting Guide
14. New York Regular Deer Season Witnesses Huge Surge In License Sales
Author: FarWide Inc.
15. About Latest Sports News
Author: filmy duniya