ALL >> Travel >> View Article
When Should You Buy Airline Miles?
Airline miles are handy when you want to travel to your destination for a less expensive ticket and with added benefits. However, there are certain cases when it makes the perfect sense to buy airline miles!.
1. Sale on miles and points:
You get yourself some airline miles whenever there is a sale from your airline. These big airlines sometimes hold bonus for every purchase of airline miles, or when you book a flight. And the range of these bonuses varies anywhere between 35% to 140%.
These sales are the best time to earn up to 5000 free air miles or more. Major airline carriers will come out with major sales once or a few times a year where they offer a big discount on airline miles. These sales will be the perfect time for you to get some airline miles and more.
2. When you are looking for a top-up:
Let’s say you want to book a flight to your destination in business class on your favourite airline. The airline is offering you a ticket for 58000 miles + $5 in taxes. Let’s say you have 55000 airline miles in your account. This is where you can purchase 3000 miles or more (because you do not want your account to be empty). This is a great time to purchase those miles and put them to good use. You can use these miles and get that business class seat.
3. When the flight ticket is more expensive than buying miles:
If you want to fly first-class or business class, the tickets are usually expensive. If you do not have the needed-amount of miles for the ticket, you will have to shell out the required amount of cash for that business class flight. However, you can always crosscheck for the difference in business class flight ticket and booking the same using airline miles. If you find that its cheaper to purchase airline miles and book through it, then go for it. Sometimes, it is a lot cheaper to buy miles than buying a flight ticket using cash.
4. To keep your miles from expiring:
If you have a bunch of airlines miles which are about to expire, then the next best step is to buy some more miles and add it your account. If your airline's miles are about to expire, then you can add some miles to your account through purchasing more miles directly from the airline. Or you can make a purchase using the credit card that adds more miles for every purchase made. It is better to make purchase/add more miles to your account than leaving them to expire.
How to Buy Airline Miles?
Airline miles are a great way to cut down on your flight ticket expenses. And considering the options mentioned above, it will be a viable option to purchase miles when needed and put them to good use. You can buy your airline miles from the airline directly or from a third party broker where you can often find them for cheap!
Travel Articles1. Hidden Facts To Know About Sas Airlines Reservations For Paris
Author: Chrish Smith
2. Top Vacation Spots For Seniors And Retirees In 2021
Author: Peter Filip
3. Relive The Memories Of Lord Jagannath Dham With Our Popular Bhubaneswar Puri Konark Tour!
Author: Dinesh Das
4. The Netherlands With Atob Transfer
Author: Darina Yatsenko
5. Hoi An Lantern Festival
Author: Culture Pham
6. An Ultimate Guide To Choose The Best Best Immigration Company In West Delhi
7. Explore The Best Things In Santiago With His Friends
Author: Jone Smith
8. Tips For Backpacking To Bali
Author: Gusti Anom
9. Top Reasons To Book Cheap Taxi To Eindhoven Airport
10. When To Hire A Van In Gold Coast
Author: Sarah James
11. Kolkata City Tour Sightseeing Bus/car Calcutta Itinerary
Author: Neil Basu
12. Kayak Flights Phone Number
13. Silk Route Tour
Author: Ravi Sankar dutta
14. Book Cranbrook Taxis Online For A Comfortable Ride
15. Choose The Best Limo Service For Your Occasion