ALL >> Business >> View Article
Amazon Product Sales And Growth Table.
Amazon product sales and Growth Table :
1. How Amazon get started in impressive long term growth ?
25 years ago, on July 16, 1995, an unheard-of company from Seattle launched a website immodestly claiming to be "earth's biggest bookstore". While that may have sounded a little presumptuous back then, two and half decades later said company, Amazon, is not only the biggest bookstore on earth but arguably the biggest store, period.
If there is one thing that Amazon’s founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is famous for, it’s his relentless focus on long-term growth.
Having ignored critics for years, Bezos’ willingness to sacrifice short-term profits for long-term success has paid off big time, turning his company into a global powerhouse and making him the wealthiest man on the planet.
Not only has Amazon cemented its position as the leading online retailer in large parts of the world, it has also built an industry-leading cloud computing business, established itself as a major player in music and video streaming as well as in the booming smart speaker market.
The company has achieved all that by rigorously re-investing most of the money it makes. In each of the past two years, however, Amazon's net income exceeded $10 billion, indicating that the company is now making more money than even Jeff Bezos with his notorious long-term vision can spend. Our chart below illustrates Amazon’s strategy by contrasting the company’s explosive revenue growth with its relatively modest profit growth.
2. Years of Amazon and E commerce Retail ?
Every $10,000 invested at Amazon’s IPO in 1997 would today be worth $4.8 million. Even if you only had $1,000 to invest in 1997, today you’d have more than $626,000.
But who could have predicted back then that an online bookstore would, in two decades time, become one of the world’s most dominant online stores –– offering everything from the books they started with to the high-end fashion that resisted for so long?
20 years ago, there were a measly 40 million people using the internet in the U.S., and online sales generated only $2.4 billion. In 2017, more than 287 million people in the U.S. alone use the internet –– and online sales are expected to hit $440 billion by year end.
That is an 18,650% increase in global internet usage and an 18,233% increase in online sales.
Amazon’s stock price has risen in equal measure, from $18 in 1997 to around $948 at the time of writing –– a 5,166% increase.
This is no chicken and egg problem –– clearly the internet and online sales came first. But these days, it’s hard to tell whether Amazon grows larger as the internet and online sales do, or if the internet and online sales grow larger as Amazon does.
Either way, the relationship is symbiotic, and though for much of Amazon’s history small business and other verticalized online sellers made an enemy of the marketplace, those tides are very quickly changing.
After all, as the ecommerce industry hits one milestone after the other –– so, too, does Amazon.
E commerce + Amazon facts and stats :
You might feel the quickening pace at which ecommerce adoption and innovation is hitting market.
Your business may be having to turn to online for inbound sales in an industry where business has historically been conducted over the phone.
Or perhaps you are now having to look to AI to implement new buyer journeys for Gen Z purchasers.
Or perhaps you simply feel the pressure to give your shoppers the options for free or two-day shipping –– just to compete in today’s competitive ecommerce market.
You are not wrong in that feeling. The innovative steps and measures taken today by online brands are part of an ongoing story about modern human convenience and the technology we wield to achieve it.
3. 10 Fascinating Amazon statistic sellers need to know in 2020 ?
* 9 out of 10 consumers price check a product on Amazon. (source)
* 2% of Echo owners have purchased a product via Alexa. (source)
* Amazon sells more than 12 million products. (source)
* Amazon sells over 1.1 million home improvement products. (source)
* 95 million people have Amazon Prime memberships in the US. (source)
* $1.4K is the average spent by Amazon Prime members each year. (source)
* FBA gives sellers a 30-50% increase in sales. (source)
* Amazon shipped over 5 billion items worldwide in 2017. (source)
* More than 50% of all Amazon sales come from third-party sellers. (source)
* 80% of sellers also sell on other platforms outside of Amazon. (source).
4. How to Boost your Amazon business in 2020 ?
Here’s what you can do to boost your Amazon business in 2020:
Differentiate yourself from the competition by having something unique to offer, solving a problem, improving on an existing product, etc. Find that thing you do better or differently than other sellers and put it at the forefront of your listing.
Work with an Amazon consultant to optimize your listings’ titles, bullet points, descriptions, Enhanced Brand Content and keyword banks to achieve greater conversions while optimizing PPC campaigns.
Develop a brand, if you have not done so already. Get a trademark, build a website and establish a brand following and awareness, both on and off Amazon.
Invest in marketing and promotion of your product on and off the platform. Be ready to spend real ad dollars to compete in an increasingly crowded and competitive marketplace.
Invest in sophisticated seller tools, software and partnerships, like those offered by BigCommerce, to help you appear in front of customers and drive more conversions.
In the end, Amazon is like anything else in business.
It takes a well thought out strategy, creative marketing and a real investment of time, energy and resources to compete.
It is true that Amazon is no longer a quick way to make an easy buck. But for committed sellers, it can result in monumental sales and drive your business through the roof.
Business Articles1. Why Is It Important To Get A Security System Installed In London?
Author: steven glassner
2. 3d Printing & Rapid Prototyping: Are They The Same?
Author: eliyana desuza
3. How To Put A Dog Tag On The Collar?
Author: Misha Konyuk
4. Get The Quality Lip Gloss Packaging At A Cheap Rate
Author: custom boxes plus
5. Vertical Shaft Kiln Vs Rotary Kiln
Author: Neel Rao
6. Global Brugada Syndrome Market
7. Global Canned Coffee Market- Forecast And Analysis
8. Global Encapsulation Resins Market- Forecast And Analysis
9. Why ‘make In India’ Is A Good Social Movement To Support?
Author: Satjit Kumar
10. Advanced Seo Strategies To Drive More Traffic To Your Website
Author: Consult Myriad
11. Top 5 Reasons To Upgrade To Infor Cloudsuite Distribution
Author: NSA COM
12. Hire The Experienced Construction Company To Enjoy These Countless Benefits!
13. How To Spot The Right Civil Contractor For Your Dream Project?
14. Impact Of Covid – 19 On Worker’s Compensation
15. Digital Cameras Buying Suggestions For You
Author: Ainsworth Dickenson