ALL >> Education >> View Article
Why I Should Search For A Jewish School Near Me
There are so many wonderful options for early childhood education in the San Fernando Valley. They range from small home daycares to large multi-class preschools; from secular programs to Jewish preschools; academic-focused and play-based educational philosophies. For first-time parents, and even second-time and third-time parents, the decision can seem rather overwhelming.
At Kadima Day School, we believe that for Jewish families, there is a strong argument for a Jewish preschool, especially since a simple Google search of “Jewish school near me” will produce quite a few excellent options.
Regardless of which Jewish preschool you end up choosing, you can be certain that your child will gain the following:
Jewish Values. Your child will develop long-lasting, positive emotional connections with Jewish traditions, values and beliefs such as Shabbat, holidays and tikkun olam, strengthening their life-long Jewish identity.
Community. Your child (and you) will make friends who share their values and become a part of the Jewish community locally and world-wide. Research shows that being part of a community of like-minded individuals leads to increased happiness and a sense of belonging.
Celebrations. Your child will experience Jewish holidays and life cycle celebrations in a memorable way that will complement and possibly enrich what you do at home.
Connection to Israel. Your child will learn about the Jewish state, its history, its culture, and its people, creating a connection to the Holy Land that they will take with them wherever they go. Israel’s vibrant food, music, literature and cultural offerings are increasingly attractive to Jewish Americans with no family roots in the country.
Hebrew Language. To varying degrees, depending on the Jewish preschool you choose, your child will be exposed to the meaningful universal language of the Jewish people. Familiarity with the Hebrew language is an important point of connection for Jews around the world to one another, to Jewish texts and to Jewish heritage.
In other words, a Jewish preschool experience can develop an important foundation for Jewish identity that can last throughout your child’s life. There are all different kinds of Jewish schools near you and you need to find one that fits your family’s specific priorities.
If you choose to go with a Jewish preschool, here’s a list of 10 questions from a recent Kveller article that we recommend asking the director. You can print it out and bring it along with you when you’re going on a tour. So type “Jewish school near me” in that search box, and happy hunting!
Ten Questions to Ask the Preschool Director
1. What makes your Jewish preschool an excellent early childhood program?
2. What is the educational philosophy of your school?
3. What Jewish concepts and values will my child be exposed to in your program?
4. How does the school view diversity in Jewish practices among its families?
5. How are parents involved in the school?
6. What types of adult learning and family programming exist outside of the classroom?
7. In what ways will clergy and Jewish professionals be involved with the school?
8. How is your program inclusive of children with special needs?
9. How will we communicate about my child’s development?
10. What accreditations does the school currently hold?
About Kadima Day School
Kadima is a private Jewish day school in Los Angeles rooted in academic excellence and Jewish learning. The learning environment we provide encourages independence, confidence, critical thinking and a love of learning. Come see what a Kadima educational experience has to offer.
To inquire about Kadima Day School’s early childhood education program, please go to www.kadimadayschool.org or call (818) 346-0849.
Education Articles1. 4 Popular Myths & Facts About Early Childhood Education
Author: John Sarkis
2. Why Icse Board And Why Greenwood
Author: Greenwood High
3. December 18, 2019dean Duperron Is The New Chairman Of Msm Highered - M Square Media
Author: Diptirani Samal
4. What Is Dynamo & The Top Reasons You Should Be Learning & Using It?
Author: NIBT Education
5. Reasons Why You Should Consider An Overseas Education Consultancy
Author: Aman Soumya
6. Bachelor In Hospital Administration (bha)
Author: Shreya Sharma
7. Is It Worth Studying Mbbs In Russia?
Author: Yuvrajsinh Solanki
8. Festivals Of India
Author: Shivani Thakur
9. Non-profit Organizations Work Hard As Girls May Not Go Back To School After The Pandemic
Author: Magicbus USA
10. The Pie Chief Amy Baker Joins Msm International Advisory Board | Msm
11. The Right Place: How To Choose The Best School For Your Child – Hebrew Day School
Author: Kadima Day School
12. Approaches To Get Past Any Final Exams!
Author: Garry Taylor
13. Shawn Swail Is The New Chief Business Officer At Msm - M Square Media
Author: Chetna S
14. The Importance Of Extracurricular Activities - The Millennium Schools
Author: The Millennium School
15. Cbse Preschool In Alandi | Best Cbse Preschool In Charholi
Author: pratik patil