ALL >> Business >> View Article
Cloud Server Or Web Server For Small Businesses
It is necessary for a business to install a server, which secures computer systems and critical data of the business. With many alternatives available today, it is the choice of the businesses to choose the best servers that suit their business.
Cloud servers are the servers available on cloud, provided by many service providers which are already configured and ready to use. Designated web servers are the normal servers which need to be installed in the business’s computer system to perform business operations.
This article tries to point out some differences between the servers available on cloud and the old-fashioned servers (designated web servers) to help small businesses choose between the two.
Cost: Cloud servers are very cheaper than web servers. Cloud servers can be used on the basis of pay-per-usage. This makes the small companies pay only for the server services that are used. But, in case of normal web servers companies must pay in full to buy the server, whether they use it or not.
Hence, cloud server is cheaper.
Installation: Servers available on the cloud are already configured, ...
... and are ready to use. All it takes is the time to choose the best suitable server, and subscribe the service. This saves a lot of time and work for the small businesses in installing the server. Installing web servers is time-consuming process. Sometimes, changes in your computer hardware may be necessary and this will become an extra burden for the small businesses.
Hence, installation of cloud server is easy and cheaper than normal web servers.
Re-installation of server: In case the server crashes down, reinstalling the web server will be a difficult task. This may also lead to loss of business data. But, reinstalling the cloud server is pretty easy, as it is located in cloud, and can be installed from there whenever needed.
Thus, reinstalling cloud server is easier.
Snapshot facility: There is a feature called snapshot in cloud computing. Snapshots help take an image or backup of the information before a business starts to make any changes in the server. If anything goes wrong in the process, recalling the image gets the business data back. This kind of facility is not available in web servers.
Hence, there will be good back up facility in cloud server.
Performance: web servers are more efficient than cloud servers. This is because, workload on web server is less as it serves only one business. Cloud server is shared by many users and hence the workload is high. The more the workload on the server is, the less is its performance.
Hence, performance of web server is better than cloud server.
Scalability: As the business expands, adding extra hardware devices might be required to increase the performance. Adding hardware devices to the server is possible in both cloud server and web server. But, the difference is, web server need to be switched off and stop the services while doing this. But, changes or hardware upgrades can be done in cloud servers while the server is still running.
Hence, cloud server is easily scalable without any interruption.
Compatible: Most of the cloud servers are more generalized and can run on almost any operating system. While, some hardware web servers are not compatible with some operating systems.
Hence, cloud servers are more compatible than web servers.
Remote services: Some remote services like installing operating system remotely and accessing the server remotely is possible in cloud server. Whereas, it is not possible in web servers. Remote services is necessary when business collaborate with other businesses in different geographical location.
Hence, cloud servers are useful in remote operations.
It is the responsibility of the small or start up businesses to choose one of web servers and cloud servers smartly by considering all the features.
The purpose of smb-now.com is to provide small and medium businesses with the latest trends, news and events that are going around in the SMB sector worldwide. Smb-now.com website is more focused on giving advice and providing accurate information to business owners through our highly researched articles. We write on various topics on categories such as automobile, business, health, home, news, recreation, shopping, society and technology. For more details, visit http://smb-now.com/.
Business Articles1. Car And Bike Accessories
Author: helmetdon don
2. Jute Yarn: A Comprehensive Guide To Help You With Everything About It
3. Global Nanofiltration Membrane Market
4. Global Water Desalination Equipment Market
5. Acer Chromebook Spin 514 Review
Author: Ella johnson
6. Reasons Why You Need To Consider Buying Robotic Pool Cleaner
Author: Poolbay Asad
7. Wireless Fire Detection Market Evolving Opportunities With Innovative Ideas By Key Players |2019-2026
8. Unmanned Ground Vehicle Market Facts, Figures And Analytical Insights During Forecast Period 2020 To 2027
9. Submarine Cable System Market Growth At A Cagr Of 12.30% In The Forecast Period Of 2021 To 2028
10. Solid State Drive Market Share, Industry Trends, Size, Revenue, Demand, Growth Analysis, Top Leaders: Samsung; Intel Corporation; Western Digital Corp
11. Service Robotics Market Size, Share, Growth, Potential Revenue And Key Drivers Analysis Research Report By 2026
12. A Closer Look At Tesla Wall Charger
Author: Sam Korkees
13. Self-checkout Systems Market Growth, Market Potential, End-user, Key Manufacturers, Competitive Analysis, Revenue Market And Forecast To 2026
14. Booming Growth In Riflescope Market Analysis And Forecast To 2028| Bushnell, Leupold & Stevens, Inc., Burris Company, Nikon Inc., Schmidt & Bender Gmb
15. Things You Should Know About Jaguar Car Charger
Author: Sam Korkees