ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Microchip Introduces High-reliability, Extended-temperature Ethernet Phy Transceiver For Aerospace A
September 29, 2020, New Delhi – Aircraft, military vehicle and ground-based systems that rely on intelligence, information and secure connectivity to support mission success are enabled by enhanced technology designed to operate in extreme temperatures and environmental events. Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) today announced its new VSC8540/41 Gigabit Ethernet PHY RMII / RGMII Transceiver – a Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)-based device upgraded for avionics and military applications.
Based on its COTS technology deployed in other industries, Microchip’s Gigabit Ethernet Physical Layer (PHY) transceiver features a military-grade, high-reliability (HiRel) plastic package that meets requirements for applications ranging from fighting vehicles to cockpit avionics and in-flight communication systems. The VSC8541RT Ethernet transceiver is a solution with Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII) and G.M.I.I., and also supports R.M.I.I and M.I.I. Megabit interface. The transceiver is latch-up immune to atmospheric radiation effects while performing at a temperature range of –55 to 125 degrees ...
... Celsius. Product specifications include wafer and assembly lot full traceability; description of testing, electrical parameters and fault coverage; qualification report; and certificate of compliance.
As COTS-based technology, Microchip’s Ethernet PHY RMII / RGMII transceiver allows system designers to begin implementation with COTS devices before moving to military-grade components, reducing significant development time and cost.
Microchip’s RMII / RGMII transceiver is the latest high-reliability solution designed for extreme environments, building on the company’s aerospace, defense and space product portfolio. The device complements the company’s extended-temperature product offering that includes following qualified devices:
• 8-bit AVR® microcontrollers with embedded ADC/DAC, Controller Area Network (CAN) and motor control interfaces
• 16-bit dsPIC® digital signal controller for digital power management
• 32-bit ARM microcontroller with memory protection mechanisms and 100 Mbit Ethernet connectivity
• 200 Megasamples Per Second (Msps) standalone 16-bit ADC
While continuing to introduce innovations including those based on COTS technology, Microchip teams with system manufacturers and integrators on obsolescence management, supporting customers’ efforts to minimize redesign work and lengthen life cycles, thereby reducing overall system costs.
The VSC8540/41 Gigabit Ethernet PHY RMII / RGMII transceiver in a plastic or ceramic package is now sampling. Complete product information is at www.microchip.com.
Application Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/50320611468/
Product image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/50321468502/
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Fruit Dryer: How Beneficial Is It For The Folks?
Author: DYNAMIC DRYERS INTERNATIONAL
2. Guide To Drop Shipment & Your Future Business
3. Wise & Neat Communication With Proper Handling Calls
4. Decentralized Digital Assets Exchange Service - Ledgerfi
5. Fully Configurable And A Unified Agile Billing & Monetization Platform
6. Hospital Acquired Infection Control Market Emerging Growth Rate, Application, Market Share And Forecast To 2026
Author: Markets and Markets
7. How To Publish Ios App On The Apple Store In 2022?
Author: Copper Mobile
8. Paddy Harvesting Becomes Easier With The Use Of Mini Rice Cutting Machine
Author: Maicle Desuja
9. Things To Keep In Mind While Taking Your Iphone For Screen Repair
Author: Charlie Wollstonecraft
10. 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Gitex 2022 At Least Once
Author: Codiant Software Technologies
11. Transforming Software Development For Business Models In 2022
Author: Sandip Patel
12. La Marzocco Vancouver For Light-duty Machine – Meet Aesthetic & Practical Demand
Author: Paul Stewart
13. Les Avantages Et Les Inconvénients Du Moulage Plastique
14. How Ios 16 Will Affect App Store Rankings?
15. Top 5 Commonly Used Cloud-native Technologies In Application Development