ALL >> Education >> View Article
Prof. Chandra Kant
When I join an academic institution, be it a leading business school or an engineering college, I expect the following:
1. If I were good in academics in the past, I expect that my previous academic excellence and habits will continue to help me in the subsequent years
1. If I were NOT good in academics, I expect that I now have an opportunity to start with a clean slate, and not allow the past to determine the future.
If I were good in academics:
1. I had good teachers / tutors.
I may be lucky to have a teacher who could explain concepts very well, have patience and understanding, sometimes force and sometimes cajole me to give my best. The teacher created a scaffold and gradually removed the scaffold as I became more competent. I was therefore motivated.
1. I liked the subject and found it easy or not boring. Therefore, I gave more time to the subject that I found competent to handle.
1. I had good parents, who motivated me, pushed me, cajoled me, gave me structure and showed the future. They also held my hand
1. I had good peer support, who did not pull me down, who gave me respect, accepted me as I was and did not compete.
1. I had good genes, and I was able to think well, grasp concepts, have patience, could strategise and plan my academics.
1. I could see how academics would lead to a rosy future, and I believed that I could achieve it
In short, I had
1. the ability and capability
2. a good environment and
3. the right attitude
If I were bad in studies,
1. I could blame myself, the teachers, the parents, the subjects whatever.
1. I could accept that I was good in sports, socialising, but not in mugging for exams.
1. I know that my history of academics in my hometown, possibly the same teachers and the same school, same peers and their beliefs about me also determined how I was treated and examined. Now I can create my own persona, without any past references.
1. I believe that since the new college is a different location with different friends, and since I am not stifled by the environment, I can do better and start afresh.
1. I can develop new abilities; I can adapt to a new environment and can motivate myself.
But will my expectations match the reality? Will my academic life be as I envision it or will there be a mismatch?
Education Articles1. Why Is The Thakur Institute Of Management Studies, Career Development & Research (timscdr) Is The Be
2. 14-year-old Aditya Pachpande On A Mission To Donate 15,100 Uvc Covid-19 Sterilization Kit To The Und
Author: Namrata Jena
3. Top 10 Schools In Bangalore
Author: Royale concorde
4. Which Is The Best Management Or Mba College In Mumbai?
Author: Mithun Mumbai
5. How To Use Fabric From The Company Hyperledger
Author: Block chain council
6. Tips For Advancement In Engineering Studies
Author: Kamal Bhatt
7. What Is The Use Of Overseas Education Consultants?
8. Best Online Defence Coaching For Nda Major Kalshi Classes
9. How Teachers Can Create A Work-life Balance?
Author: Deepak kumar
10. How To Become A Writer
Author: Deepak kumar
11. Cbse Maths Tuition Through Virtual Learning Removes Anxiety Among Students
Author: Vishwajeet kumar
12. Fast And Trusted Do My Homework Help
Author: Sophia Lee
13. Upsc Full Form In English : Upsc Ka Full Form Kya H
14. What Should You Know About Mixed Martial Arts Hoppers Crossing Point Cook?
Author: Marco Stoinis
15. Inter-state River Water Disputes In India
Author: Current Affairs Review