ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Everest High Passes Trek And How Is It Different From The Famous Ebc Trek?
Everest High Passes Trek and how is it different from the Famous EBC Trek?
Who does not love to explore the unhindered beauty of the Himalayas? Laden with a rich history that is older than the planet itself, every trail that passes through these mountainous Valleys has something unique to see and explore.
Everest Base Camp Trek is often the most chosen option for trekking, one of the best-reviewed hidden gems of the Everest Valley is the Everest High pass trek.
Everest High pass trek is one of the most coveted treks of Nepal that covers three significant spots of the Everest Conservation Area of the Himalayas.
The Kongma la Pass at an elevation of 5,500 meters, Chola Pass at 5,400 meters and Renjho La Pass at 5,300 meters are exclusive to this trek route and cannot be reached through any other trails.
Unlike the Everest Base Camp trek, this hike is most suited for experts in the world of trekking. Graded as a problematic level trek, Everest High passes Trek consists of some steep ascends and descends with uneven terrains and surfaces to hike through. Additionally, the entire Trek s through a very high altitude and extreme temperature that requires the right level of fitness.
The trek route of Everest High passes
• The journey begins from Lukla to reach Phakding, which is 8 km away and takes about 4 hrs Trek to reach.
• Phakding to Namche Bazaar is another 11 km journey that lasts for 6 hrs at max.
• After resting and acclimatization for a day, it is 10 km hike to reach Tengboche in about 6 hrs time.
• Post an early lunch it is nine more km of a hike to reach Dingboche at an elevation of 4,300 meters.
• After a day of rest at Dingboche, it is a steep climb, and it takes about 8 hrs to travel 14 km to Chukung Ri.
• After a night of rest, cross the Kongma la Pass to reach Lobuche in about 6 hrs
• Lobuche to Gorak Shep takes another 7 hrs of a climb uphill. Everest Base Camp is located here.
• After a day of rest climb further north for 4 hrs to reach Kala Patthar followed by a descending journey of 7 km to reach Lobuche again
• From Lobuche, Trek to Dzongla which is 6 km away and stay overnight.
• The next day trek for 3 hrs to reach Gokyo via the Cho la Pass.
• Spend a day touring the five lakes of Gokyo
• Start the 11km journey to Marlung, which can take 8 hrs approximately.
• After an overnight of exploring the village, leave for Namche Bazaar which is 15 km away and takes about 6 to 7 hrs to finish.
• Namche Bazaar to Lukla is another 19 km of descending trail that takes 4 to 6 hrs to finish up.
How is Everest High Passes Trek different from EBC Trek?
• Though both the treks are breathtaking, the level of expertise needed to complete each of the treks is different. While anyone with basic to intermediate level of trekking experience can take up the EBC trek, Everest High Passes trek is exclusively for the experienced hikers who are in excellent health condition.
• Secondly, The Everest base camp trek has only two significant steep climbs and sharp points at Jorsale and Tengboche, whereas in case of Everest High pass Trek, there are numerous such steep climbs and sharp cliffhangers throughout the entire trial that requires expert manoeuvring.
• The trek trail to Everest Base Camp has numerous lodges and teahouses at regular intervals while in the case of the High Passes Trek, the number of rest stops is very limited and only located at designated areas. The areas around the three passes are entirely devoid of any settlements, so they need to be mandatorily crossed in a single attempt without stopping.
Everest High passes Trek maybe for the elites and the experts, but it has its unique blend of culture and scenic beauty.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Enjoy The Exciting Holiday At Wildlife Terrestrial Region
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
2. What Should You Know About Before Going Africa Wildlife Safari?
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
3. Nevada Beach – Fun Attraction For Families With Great Campground And Swimming Options
Author: Peter Filip
4. Hire The Area’s Leading Limousine Service At Most Affordable Price
5. Hire Cheap Buckhurst Hill Taxis Directly Online
6. Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
Author: chris Martin
7. Incredible India Tours
Author: Bespoke India Holidays
8. What Is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
9. How Can I Change Or Cancel My Reservation With Spirit Airlines?
Author: john Carlos
10. 10 Things You Should Know About Diwali Celebration
11. Australia – The Safest Country To Dwell In 2021
12. 6 Reasons To Hire Dfw Limo For You Dfw Airport & Dfw Metroplex Frisco
Author: Harries Starner
13. Enjoy Your Stay In Furnished Apartments In San Diego
Author: Patrick Lauren
14. How To Plan Your Yacht Expedition For A Beautiful Experience
15. What Should Be Your Expectations When Renting Private Yacht