ALL >> Travel >> View Article
If A Hindu, Why Go For Muktinath Yatra This Year?
If a Hindu, Why go for Muktinath Yatra this year?
From Mansarovar Yatra to Amarnath Yatra, each destination holds an important aspect in the life of a Hindu. However, one of the most beautiful pilgrimages, as recommended by numerous travelers, is the
Where is Muktinath located?
Muktinath Temple is located at the lap of the snow-clad mountain ranges of the Thorong La Pass of the mighty Himalayas.
At an elevation of 3,800 meters from sea level, it is quite a long climb to reach the top. Geographically, the temple site is located within a few hundred meters of the Ranipauwa village of Mustang Valley. Other than the Pashupatinath Temple, Muktinath is the most visited Hindu temple in Nepal.
The History of Muktinath Temple
The temple is structured like an ancient Pagoda and holds equal importance for two religions. Hindus and Buddhists visit the temple complex due to the specific historical importance it has for each of the religions.
According to Ancient Hindu Mythology, Lord Vishnu had to come down to the holy site to receive salvation from the curse of Lord Jalandhar’s wife Brinda, thus, came the name Mukti meaning Salvation and Nath means Master. So it is known as the temple of Master of Salvation i.e. Lord Vishnu.
The shrine located in the temple was one of the only 8 shrines of the world to have risen by itself. The temple is of grave importance to the Vaishnav sect of the Hindu religion as it is also one of the 108 Vaishnav shrines. The human-size Vishnu statue located within the temple of Muktinath is made entirely out of gold and its original date of creation is still a matter of controversy.
The Buddhist religion calls the temple complex as Chumig Gyatsa as this is the place where one of the most revered Buddhist monks attained enlightenment. Besides that, it is believed that this is the heavenly abode of the Buddhist goddess Dakini or Sky dancer. One of the only 24 places of Buddist Tantric traditions, the statue within the inner sanctum is believed to be a manifestation of Alokiteshvara.
Why is the temple important to Hindus?
It is believed that every human being wants to get rid of Maya or illusion and attain salvation or Moksha. Muktinath Mandir is the holy ground where Hindus can come and take a dip in the freezing cold water sprouts of the 108 Muktidharas and attain nirvana or Salvation.
What to see in Muktinath?
The two ponds known as Lakshmi and Saraswati are situated on the front face of the temple complex. It is believed that the water of Mukti Kunda can wash away your deep most sins.
The 108 bull head-shaped water sprouts located on the south face of the temple complex is fed by the water channels of the chilled Gandaki River. Water bath under the 108 Dharas is believed to bring salvation
Jwala Mai Temple
Located within the Dhola Mebar Gompa, this eternal burning flame is a sight to behold. It is located above a kilometer from the temple along the south face.
Mharme Lha Khang Gompa
Dedicated to the Buddhist monk Guru Rimpoche is a small but beautiful monastery of Mharme la.
These ammonites are the remnants of the Jurrasic Era and are found all along the banks of River Gandaki. The black-colored stones are the representation of Lord Vishnu and a commonly used in Hindu Prayer rooms.
What to know before planning to go on Muktinath yatra?
March to May and September to November is the best time to visit Muktinath Temple. There are many routes one can take to reach the temple complex. Additionally, 2 permits are mandatorily needed to travel to the Mustang Valley as it is located in the Annapurna Conservation.
The permits are:
• Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit (ACAP): the permit is given from Nepal Tourism Board office located at both Kathmandu and Pokhra
• Trekker's Information Management System Permit (TIMS). The permit is issued by TAAN located one at Saatghumti, Thamel and another at Mali Gaun, Kathmandu or at Pokhara.
https://www.weramblers.com We Ramblers is a leading Adventure Travel Provider in Bangalore, India organizes trips for all kind travel lovers and mostly adventure trips. As We Ramblers is a community that serves as a platform for the travel enthusiasts. Share your travel stories and meet budding travellers.
Travel Articles1. Enjoy The Exciting Holiday At Wildlife Terrestrial Region
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
2. What Should You Know About Before Going Africa Wildlife Safari?
Author: Karibu Africa Safaris
3. Nevada Beach – Fun Attraction For Families With Great Campground And Swimming Options
Author: Peter Filip
4. Hire The Area’s Leading Limousine Service At Most Affordable Price
5. Hire Cheap Buckhurst Hill Taxis Directly Online
6. Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
Author: chris Martin
7. Incredible India Tours
Author: Bespoke India Holidays
8. What Is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
9. How Can I Change Or Cancel My Reservation With Spirit Airlines?
Author: john Carlos
10. 10 Things You Should Know About Diwali Celebration
11. Australia – The Safest Country To Dwell In 2021
12. 6 Reasons To Hire Dfw Limo For You Dfw Airport & Dfw Metroplex Frisco
Author: Harries Starner
13. Enjoy Your Stay In Furnished Apartments In San Diego
Author: Patrick Lauren
14. How To Plan Your Yacht Expedition For A Beautiful Experience
15. What Should Be Your Expectations When Renting Private Yacht