ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Microchip Introduces Its Highest-density Eeprom With 4 Mbit Serial Eeprom Debut
New Delhi, August 28, 2020 – Portable consumer and medical devices including fitness trackers, hearing aids and glucose monitors as well as industrial, automotive and other systems often use customer-specific data sets to optimize the consumer experience. These nonvolatile data sets – including calibration constants, background conditions, user preferences and changing noise environments – often are adjusted by the end system or user a few bytes at a time. Serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM) is the memory of choice for these applications providing nonvolatility, byte-level control, ease-of-use and low-power consumption.
Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) today announced its new, highest-density EEPROM – the 25CSM04.
At 4 Mbit, Microchip’s new EEPROM becomes the largest EEPROM available to developers, doubling the 2 Mbit density designers previously were limited to. Until now developers have used lower-cost NOR Flash integrated circuits (ICs) for any 2 Mbit+ nonvolatile data set application. Because EEPROM offers performance advantages over NOR Flash, Microchip has responded to customer requests by introducing a larger 4 Mbit EEPROM. EEPROM advantages include a lower standby current (2 µA vs. 15 µA); the ability to perform single-byte, multi-byte, and full-page writes; shorter sector erase/rewrite times (5ms vs.300ms); and more erase/rewrite cycles (1M vs 100K).
“Pushing the top end of what is possible with serial EEPROM supports product innovation,” said Randy Drwinga, vice president of Microchip’s memory products division. “Designers can now reevaluate their systems and leverage this new technology to optimize design performance.”
The 25CSM04 becomes part of Microchip’s extensive nonvolatile memory product portfolio that integrates within Microchip’s total system solutions built around its 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers and microprocessors. Microchip’s extensive memory product family includes serial EEPROMs, NOR Flash, SRAM, and EERAM in all standard serial buses and all standard densities from 128-bit to 64 Mbit.
As a technology innovator in serial EEPROM for more than 30 years, Microchip delivers approximately one billion EEPROM devices annually.
Microchip’s 4 Mbit serial EEPROM devices are supported by the MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products. The kit includes a serial memory interface board, serial EEPROM starter pack, USB cable, CD containing the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), Total Endurance™ software model and a serial EEPROM interface tool.
Pricing and Availability
The 25CSM04 family of memory devices is available in three package options starting at $2.32 in 10,000-unit quantities. For additional information, contact a Microchip sales representative, authorized worldwide distributor or visit Microchip’s website. To purchase products mentioned here visit our purchasing portal or contact a Microchip authorized distributor.
High-res images available through Flickr or editorial contact (feel free to publish):
• Application image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/50252022133/
• Product image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/50252691076/
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Global Mobile Lms Software Market Status (2015-2019) And Forecast (2020-2025)
Author: Statzy Market research
2. Buy Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 For Your Need
Author: Nadir Fekkak
3. Automate The Potential Activities In Business With The Ml Service
4. Radiologists Service – Excellent To Perform Effective Exam For Treatment
5. Difference Between E-learning And E-commerce?
6. 7 Signs That Your Phone Needs Repair
Author: Angelika Muderris
7. Key Trends That Will Shape The Digital Journey In 2021
Author: James Danel
8. Music Streaming Services Plays Crucial Role In Life
Author: Knowledge Based Value (KBV) Research
9. Should You Opt For A Tesla Powerwall Home Battery Setup?
10. How To Use The Ecg App On Apple Watch
Author: Sofiya John
11. Samsung Has Created A Robot That Can Do Your Dishes And Pour You A Glass Of Wine
Author: Elisa Wilson
12. Pavel Durov Claims That The Telegram Has Generated 25 Million Users In Just Three Days
Author: Elisa Wilson
13. How Extenders Of Wi-fi Works And Is It Only Option For Us?
Author: joseph smith
14. Security Vulnerabilities In React And Standard Practices To Overcome Them!
Author: Ash Rakars
15. What Are The Benefits Of Garage Workbenches?
Author: Paul Macmillan