ALL >> Environment >> View Article
Why Just Recycle Let Us Also Upcycle!
Oh, just another of the many new words that sound cool but mean almost nothing”. Reduce, reuse, recycle, repeat… but now say hello to upcycling.
So well, if I recycle, why do I need to upcycle?
The distinction between recycling and upcycling really makes sense and invites us to investigate the very sense of terms such as product design and sustainability. The manufacturing revolution has changed the way we turn wasted materials into amazing new stuff! While both recycling and upcycling reduces the amount of junk that goes to our landfills, upcycling turns that same waste into a product of a higher quality–while recycling slightly decreases the quality of certain materials.
Believe it or not, for every ton of tossed plastic bottles that get upcycled, tons of CO2 is prevented from entering the atmosphere! Upcycling is more about less use of water, energy, and raw materials to create something new than traditional production.
Only a few decades ago, especially in rural culture, what we call now upcycling was done commonly, for example taking the legs of a broken chair and joining them to other wood pieces to make a coffee table, thus creating objects maybe bizarre, yet absolutely functional. It is called “100 Chairs in 100 Days and its 100 Ways”
Upcycling can be a heck of lot of fun, while helping your wallet and the planet. From scouring local thrift stores for fun pieces to repurpose, it can be an awesome way to rally your community around sustainability.
Are you convinced yet? If you’re still feeling suspicious about upcycling, why not ask the experts with multiple years of experience at Y.E.S. Full Circle! We’ll make it so easy for you to upcycle and recycle that you won’t even know you’re doing it!!
We at Yes Full Circle are up with new strategies for effective waste management through adoption of zero waste solutions to avoid waste going to landfill and can save lot of money in waste transportation. Contact us to know more at firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment Articles1. Quello Che Mi Piace Dei Matrimoni Negli Anni '40
2. Solar Driveway Lights Define A Home
Author: Nehal Preet
3. Protecting And Conserving The Western Ghats
Author: Current Affairs Review
4. Why And How To Arrange Bachelor Party Stripper Events
Author: Maria Joness
5. Plastic, The Most Harmful Substance On Earth
Author: Isabella Whitmore
6. Toronto Organics Processing Facility All Set To Convert Food Waste Into Rng
Author: Vivan Pathak
7. Plastics Pollution; A Threat To Our Planet
Author: Isabella Whitmore
8. Understanding Of Iso 14001 & What Does It Mean For Businesses?
Author: John Mills
9. Top 5 Rainy Season Flowers That Use For Eat Food!
Author: Have you eaten Rainy Flowers?
10. Solar Companies In Chennai,epc,luminous Solar,renewable Energy-call Now
Author: Varun Sehupathi
11. Treat Mold With Heat For Effective Removal
Author: Kaleb A
12. How To Choose The Right Solar Battery For Your Home?
13. Affordable Rubbish Removal In Brisbane
14. Seamless & Erw Pipes Manufacturers In Mumbai
Author: Mahendra Dudhani
15. Key Benefits Of Industrial Recycling
Author: Yes Full Circle