ALL >> Health >> View Article
Common Health Conditions Treated By A Dermatologist
A dermatologist in Los Angeles is a doctor who is a specialist in treating skin, nail, hair, mucous membrane disorders, and other skin related diseases. They can also help you with cosmetic issues, helping you to renew your skin, hair, and nails appearance.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimate that there were 39 million visits to office-based dermatologists.
Let us explore common issues that dermatologists encounter and the treatment they offer.
What are dermatology and dermatologist?
Dermatology is an area of medicine that focuses on health issues affecting the hair, skin, nails, and mucous membranes.
The skin is one of the prime and the biggest of the body.
And it is the first line of defense against injury and pathogens, and on top of all, it is a good indicator of overall good health.
A dermatologist is a medical specialist you should consult if you are suffering from the significant problem associated with your skin. Dermatology is the expert, who is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases associated with skin, nails, and hair.
Being a dermatologist in Los Angeles requires in-depth clinical knowledge, including, the various internal health problems which cause skin symptoms.
Dermatologists can treat about 3,000+ skin conditions. Below enlisted are some of the common conditions, for which you a see dermatologist:
Acne: Among the most common skin problems, acne has numerous causes which further lead to different types of pimples. Some people experience low self-esteem, scarring, and many other complications.
Eczema and Dermatitis: Dermatitis is skin inflammation, and it leads to severe swelling with an itchy rash. There are numerous forms, including atopic dermatitis, which is a very common type of eczema.
Fungal infections: Fungal infection is very common, which involves skin, nails, and hair. A group of yeasts naming Candida can cause a wide range of fungal infections, including ringworm, oral thrush, athlete’s foot, and balanitis.
Hair loss: About 70 million people in the U.S. are suffering from hair loss. A range of hair problems can also cause hair loss, including head lice, which commonly affects around 6–12 million children in the U.S. annually.
Warts: These are infectious, benign skin growths that began to when the top layer of skin is infected by a virus. A dermatologist in Los Angeles offers a variety of treatments for persistent warts removal.
Nail problems: Dermatologists can also treat health issues that damage the skin around and under the nails. Fungal infections, Ingrown nails, and various other conditions can cause damage.
Vitiligo: This includes the skin losing melanin, a pigment. As a result, some patches of skin become lighter in color than others.
Psoriasis: This chronic immune disorder speeds up the skin cells' growth, which in result causes patches of skin that may be red, purple, thick or silvery, and scaly. There are numerous types of psoriasis.
Rosacea: The main symptom associated with Rosacea is redness in the face, sometimes with visible blood vessels, pus-filled bumps, and swelling of the eyelids. These Symptoms may spread from the cheeks and nose to the chin, forehead, ears, back, and chest.
Shingles or herpes zoster: This viral infection can cause a rash which may be painful. This becomes clear in a few weeks without treatment, but medical treatment can help speed recovery and prevent further complications, which can be acute.
Skin cancer: About 1 out of 5 people in the U.S. develop skin cancer at age 70. The most common forms are carcinoma, basal cell, melanoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.
When to see a dermatologist?
1. If skin, nail, or hair symptoms are not responding to home remedies, it may be time to visit a professional dermatologist in Los Angeles.
2. If concerns are cosmetic, a person should look out for an expert cosmetic dermatologist.
3. It is very important to discuss the insurance providers while seeking out for dermatologist in Los Angeles, who usually do not fund for cosmetic treatment.
4. Be sure to collect copies of your previous medical reports, diagnostic test results and consultation notes to assure the insurer of the medical necessity.
Are you looking for a dermatologist Los Angeles? The Center for Integrative Dermatology successfully treats eczema, acne, psoriasis, and many other dermatological problems without the use of prescription pharmaceuticals.
Health Articles1. Healthy Eating On A Budget
Author: Daniel Stewart
2. Why Investing In Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost Is Worth?
Author: Paulo Pinho
3. Why You Should Add Cannabis To Your Beauty Routine
Author: Lee Wood
4. The Importance Of Training To Avoid Forklift Accidents
5. Why Teeth Cleaning By Professional Dentists Is Important
Author: Lynnwood Dental Studio
6. How Do I Take Tramadol At The Age Of 55? Get Tramadol Cod
Author: Daniel Jackson
7. What Exactly Goes Into Dental Implants Cost?
Author: Paulo Pinho
8. Pain Or Numbness In The Fingers? Time To Buy A Wrist Brace
9. Grocare Providing Medication For Enlarged Prostate
Author: Grocare India
10. What Is Cannabis Dabbing?
Author: Lee Wood
11. Bcl-xl Protein Inhibitor Clinical Assessment Products
12. Medicare Is Doomed — Save The Patients
Author: Deane Waldman
13. Double Marker And Triple Marker Tests – What You Should Know
Author: Prapti Chauhan
14. Best Ivf Centre In Jalandhar, Punjab
15. Male Neck Liposuction – Consider These Pre-operative Tips
Author: Park Avenue Smart Lipo