ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Ear Stretching: Elevate Your Piercing Game To The Next Level
When it comes to adorning your ears, the choice is endless! From standard lobe piercings to piercing helix, tragus, or daith, #CuratedEar piercing trend is everywhere. If you are looking for new ideas to elevate your piercings to the next level, think about ear stretching.
Sometimes also called “ear gauging”, it involves the deliberate expansion of piercing to wear a larger piece of jewelry. Although many types of piercings are stretched (navel, lips, nose. etc.), ear stretching remains to be the most popular.
You may think that ear stretching is a modern practice because it has become recently popular in Western countries.
However, it has been practiced by people world over. Ear stretching was used to depict social status, scare off enemies in war, and even used, as an effective form of body enhancement. The ancient Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun is known to have stretched ear lobes. The Iceman found in the Alps also had stretched earlobes. Several tribes in Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Thailand, and Myanmar practice ear stretching.
What Tools are Required for Ear Stretching?
Ear stretching is the next level of piercings. Whether you are getting your ears pierced for the first time or you looking to stretch the existing piercings, the procedure almost remains the same: a visit to an experienced piercer.
Once your piercing is healed, the piercer will increase the size of the piercing with the help of the following things:
Shaped in the form of a tall spike, tapers are put into your ears for stretching the piercings and making them larger. The slimmer end of the tapered-device is pierced through the ear, thus, allowing the piercing to get larger.
Available in various sizes, gauges, and materials, your piercer will choose tapers depending on your requirements. The most commonly used tapers are made up of stainless steel because they are non-porous and easy to pierce.
B. Plugs and Tunnels
Plugs and tunnels are the jewelry items that put in place by the piercer. The main difference between them is their looks. Ear tunnels are hollow and tube-shaped. They enable you to look through the jewel. Many people choose them because of their lower weight. On the other hand, plugs are solid and there is no hollow-space.
Tunnels and plugs help in keeping your ears stretched. From glass, stone, wood, acrylic to stainless steel, you can find a diverse collection to suit your needs.
Plugs and tunnels can come with edges so that they do not fall off the ear. If the tunnel/plug has a single edge, it is called single-flared. For double-edged tunnels and plugs, piercers used the name: double flared. And, then are tunnels/plugs with no edges. They are straight and easily slide into the piercing. To keep them in their place, you will need O-rings.
They are like small rubber bands to keep the tunnels in their position. O-rings are used for no-flare and single-flared tunnels and plugs. They help in wearing jewelry when the piercing is not completely healed.
Safe and Efficient Tips for Stretching your Ear Lobes
1. Quality jewelry is essential. By opting for safe, non-porous materials that allow wounds to heal properly, you will be able to ensure a safe, healthy experience. You can use plugs and tunnels made from stainless steel, titanium, platinum, niobium, gold, etc. Once the wound is healed, you can wear a variety of options including wood, bone, implant-grade silicone, Amethyst, Agate, Quartz, Onyx, Jade, Tigers Eye, etc.
2. There is no set timeframe for stretching earlobes. It is because different people have different goals in mind. If you are starting with piercing your ears, it may take 12-20 weeks to heal. Once the healing is done, you need to wait another couple of weeks before stretching the piercing. Some experts even suggest waiting for a year before you visit the piercer.
3. To get to your desired gauge size, you need to start stretching slowly. Ideally, stretch one size at a time. Also, it is recommended to wait for at least 6-12 weeks before going up a gauge size.
4. Discuss the benefits of using oil to massage the earlobes at least once a day. Massaging the ear allows the natural elasticity of the skin to stretch the piercings. Coconut oil and jojoba oil are commonly used to prevent scars.
5. Keep your piercing clean by washing it at least twice a day with warm water and chemical-free soap. Talk to your piercer to find out ways of ensuring quick and safe healing. If you find that the swelling is persistent, see your piercer and get checked for an infection.
Patience is the Key!
Stretching your ears is a time-consuming affair. It requires patience and dedication on your part. Ear gauging, if done quickly, can harm your skin and scar you. So, listen to your body. See what gauge size feels comfortable and then, make the transition slowly and carefully.
Ear stretching is an art! To get the desired gauge size, you need the best quality tools. Shop for ear-stretching tapers, plugs and tunnels in bulk. By choosing an online piercing store, you will be able to find all types of piercing supplies, including O-rings for body piercing.
I am a specialist in Magento extension development. I have helped several store-owners in achieving their business goals with custom Magento extensions and plugins. Connect with me to know more about incredible Magento modules that will take your business to the pinnacle of success.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Order Online For Lovely Mother’s Day Gifts To Trivandrum At Low Cost - Same Day Delivery
Author: Rohin Bose
2. Buy Plier Rack Organizer At The Best Price Online
3. Find Out The Best Plier Rack Online
4. Remember Your Close One Wearing Jewelry For Ashes Of Loved One
Author: Andrew Wilson
5. Guidelines For Shopping Designer Handbags Online
6. Importance Of Installing A Cctv Camera!
Author: steven avery
7. Punjabi Female Actress Suit Designs | Punjabi Ladies Suits
Author: Aman Chatha
8. Best Way To Shop Organic Fresh Vegetables Near Me
Author: kedia organic
9. Best 3 Features Of Using A Telephone Holder For The Car!
Author: Software Base
10. Best Way To Choose Tailors In Hyderabad, Bangalore & Chennai Which Provides A Complete Look
Author: Amaira Avni
11. Plan The Perfect Valentine's Day Gift
Author: Heidi Daus
12. How To Take Care Of Your Diamond Jewelry?
13. Mma Or Crossfit Shorts And Selecting The Ideal Pair
Author: Stefano Ferrero
14. Cheapest Electronics In Nigeria
15. 5 Valentine's Ideas She'll Never Forget
Author: Glam Jewelry