ALL >> Travel >> View Article
10 Essential Tips To Know Before Taking The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
10 essential tips to know before taking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Essentially regarded as one of the most important Hindu Pilgrimage destinations, Kailash Mansarovar Yatra needs preparation and careful planning. The heavenly abode of Lord Shiva is almost at an elevation of over 5500 meters above sea level. However, preparation is mandatory to successfully complete the trip to and from Kailash Mansarovar
10 essential tips to know about before taking the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra includes –
1. Completed paperwork and knowledge of the etiquettes is mandatory –
Passport is mandatory for Indian citizens as Mount Kailash
lies in the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
Visa is only provided to a group of a minimum of 4 travelers and only through agents. No solo traveling is allowed. Permits are also granted to groups and not solo travelers.
Aside from the visa, make sure to uninstall Whatsapp, Gmail and other social media platforms from Phone. Do not carry any photo or document related to Dalai Lama. Make sure to have ample photocopies of documents and photographs along to submit anywhere they ask for.
2. The language barrier is real so guides are a necessity again
Porters and indigenous people understand no other language other than Chinese. SO either learn the basic communication skill beforehand or mandatorily take a guide along. This part of the world does not know about the existence of the English language at all.
3. A backpack is mandatory not trolley or duffel bag
The rough uphill and uneven terrain cannot be traveled if you have something as inconvenient as a duffel or trolley bag. Only backpacks and rucksacks are suitable.
4. The sunlight can blind or burn you
The harsh sun can burn the skin due to the exposed higher UV rays gradient in the region. So suns cream is mandatory to be applied at all times. Preferably any cream with SPF protection of 50+. Similarly, the high reflective index of the sun on the snow-capped surface can blind the eyes, so sunglasses are mandatory at all times of the day.
5. Footwear can save you
The rough terrain and uneven surface can cause blisters and injuries without a good pair of sturdy footwear. Mountain boots are the only option for these kinds of journeys.
6. Layering is better than a single thick outerwear
The dry weather on route Lake Manasarovar can have a fluctuating temperature. So to prevent unnecessary fluid loss due to sweat, layering is a better option. One can easily add or remove layers depending on the surrounding temperature.
7. Loss of energy and hunger is common
The journey is tiring and needs energy. The terrain is void of any human civilization most of the time. It is best to carry a good amount of candies, protein bars and an assortment of dry fruits and snacks to replenish yourself whenever needed.
8. Dehydration can go undetected and kill you
The dry weather of China and Tibet can evaporate fluid from your body at an alarmingly faster rate without knowing. This can cause stroke, nausea, vomiting and much more. Fluid and electrolyte balance should be maintained well. Sipping fluid every few minutes during the entire trip can keep you hydrated at all times.
9. Acclimatize your body to a better fitness regime
The long journey to Kailash requires good endurance and ample body strength. It is best to accustom your body to hikes and treks by spending a few hours each day exercising and building core body strength for a few months before the expedition.
10. Toilets are a rarity. Learn to adjust.
Toilets are rare on the route of the trail, except in cases of lodges and tea houses. The man-made holes created along the route for the purpose are often not very user-friendly. Carrying extra wt wipes, plastics, newspapers, and sanitizers can make it easy for you to do the deed.
Travel Articles1. Things To Know Before Flying With Jetblue Airlines Reservations
Author: Chrish Smith
2. Car Rental In Chennai For Tourism
Author: Ellen Dares
3. Top Christmas Party Venues In Sydney You Shouldn’t Miss In 2020
Author: charlotte evelyn
4. Of Whales And Adventures: Thrilling Experiences You Shouldn’t Miss In Perth
Author: Olivia Angel Williams
5. Common Mistakes People Make When Hiring Airport Transfer Services
Author: James Spencer
6. Britannia Airport Cars Is Giving Cut Throat Competition At Heathrow Airport Transfer
Author: britannia airport
7. Britannia Airport Fulfill All The Parameter To Be The Best Choice Of Passengers At Gatwick Airport C
Author: britannia airport
8. Rolls Royce Wedding Car Sydney – Hire The Best Car For Your Wedding
Author: Prestige Hire
9. Watersports Activities In Dubai Make Your Trip Even More Enjoyable
Author: Mr Safnas
10. Hayber Cars Is Considered As A Cheapest Gatwick Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
11. What To Expect With The Opening Of The Grand Egyptian Museum In 2020?
Author: Cliff Collins
12. Dehradun Taxi Service - Dehraduntaxiservices
13. Hayber Cars Counts Your Payment As Sorter You Travel For London Southend Airport Taxi
Author: tony smith
14. Popular Places In Sydney To Have A Thrilling Nye Celebration
Author: Harley Leon
15. Most Fun Sightseeing Tours In Sydney And Where You Can Find Them
Author: Evelyn Adam