ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Ipad Or Macbook For University?
The main thing to consider is what you’ll be needing the device for.
If you are considering between a tablet and the MacBook, it can be assumed that you won’t be using the device for heavy-duty tasks such as video editing.
If you’ll be using the device for word processing, reading, and editing lecture notes, I believe that a MacBook Air would be sufficient enough for usage.
Limitations that the iPad has with respect to the MacBook includes:
User-friendliness when it comes to certain software, such as Microsoft Office as some tools may not function as fluently as on a desktop or laptop
Lack of software, as much useful software are not available on the iPad.
For example, the majority of Adobe software, as only Photoshop and Acrobat have been released on the platform, both in which are discount versions with a lot of missing tools.
Inconvenience in terms of input, i.e. only supports touch screen for navigation and virtual keyboard. Although the magic keyboard for the iPad may help with the typing situation, it will double the weight of the iPad in which the weight of a 12″ iPad with the keyboard will be similar to that off a 13″ Macbook Pro. So its a choice between function and portability.
On the other hand, if you have another “main” device (e.g. a desktop) and you’re just looking for a device that is portable, the iPad could work as a side device to carry around and or be used for entertainment purposes (e.g. watching Netflix). Otherwise, I wouldn’t advise using an iPad as your main device.
One last thing you should note is that if you need to do 3D modeling, rendering, programming, etc, I would not suggest getting either the Macbook or iPad as they may not be able to support these tasks.
Hope you’ll find this useful :)
Hardware/Software Articles1. Why Cold Calling Is Becoming Obsolete
Author: Marya Lizabeth
2. Why Opt For Cloud Testing In It Modernization?
Author: Michal Wade
3. Importance Of Timely Furnace Repair & Maintenance
4. How To Get Advertisers For Your Podcast
Author: Barry Elvis
5. Remote Desktop Vs Vpn - Everything You Need To Know
Author: James F Bartlett
6. Data Security Standards And Some Best Practices
7. Why Your Contracts Need Your Attention
8. The New Age Contract Lifecycle Management Solution!
9. What Has Led To The Sudden Rise And Demand For Cloud Based Clm?
10. 4 Main Problems Faced By Contract Management Users
11. Contract Liefcycle Management Software: 6 Questions You Need To Ask
12. Importance Of Digital Signing In The Time Of Pandemic
13. How To Prevent Revenue Leakage With Contract Lifecycle Management?
14. Benefit Of Clm
15. Collaboration Is Key To Contract Risk Management