ALL >> Health >> View Article
"what You Need To Know About Traumatic Brain Injury (tbi) "
The brain is the most complex part of the human body. This three-pound organ is the seat of all intelligence, interpreter of the senses, initiator of body movement, and controller of behavior. Lying in its bony shell and washed by protective fluid, the brain is the source of all the qualities that define our humanity. In short, the brain is the crown jewel of the human body.
Although the brain is protected by the skull and cushioned by the surrounding cerebrospinal fluid, an abrupt blow to the head or a rapid acceleration/deceleration from a car wreck can cause severe injuries. The skull can protect the brain from penetrating trauma, but it does not absorb all of the impact of a violent force.
Think about the crash test videos you’ve seen. In these tests, a crash test dummy is placed in the driver or passenger seat of a vehicle for the purpose of measuring how the human body reacts to a crash. Now, consider the head of the dummy — when the crash happens, the head is thrust forward, then back, then forward again. It may hit the interior of the vehicle, or it may not. But, just imagine what the brain goes through. Even if the head doesn’t hit something, there is still a sudden and violent thrusting of the head, with the brain moving right along with it. If the force is enough, the brain impacts with the hard, sharp edges of the skull. This creates the potential for tearing of blood vessels, pulling of nerve fibers and bruising of the brain substance, which can lead to serious and long-term problems, just as an actual blow to the head might.
Eighty to ninety thousand people a year experience a life-long disability as the result of a traumatic brain injury. And, even what may be deemed a mild concussion cannot be taken lightly, as it is still a brain injury. Because of this, neurosurgeons and other brain-injury experts emphasize that although some concussions are less serious than others, there is no such thing as a “minor concussion.”
The damages that can result from a traumatic brain injury can be both physically and emotionally daunting. When you have your future on the line, you cannot afford to put your trust in an inexperienced attorney. At Fulmer Sill, we are proud to use our expertise to deliver high-quality assistance to all our clients. Please contact us at (405)510-0077 for a free consultation or request a case review here.
Get More Info : What You Need to Know about Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
I am Devin Herz, currently associated with Fulmersill. We believe everyone is equal under the law. We take pride in providing an unparalleled commitment to our clients, most of whom are individuals, families and small businesses who have been unfairly treated or tragically harmed by large corporations.
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents