ALL >> Health >> View Article
Preventive Measures To Reduce Risk Of Cancer
How to not fall prey to the dreaded condition – cancer? While there is no absolute answer to this, it may not be as bleak as you think. A few conscious changes in your lifestyle may reduce the risk of cancer considerably. And they aren’t as difficult as you may believe.
Prevention, after all, is always a better idea than cure. Cure in the case of many cancers is not even very sure. What are the necessary steps to take? Let’s take a look at what you must or must not do.
Step 1: Avoid Carcinogenic exposure
Carcinogens are cancer-causing substances. Drinking in Styrofoam cups, getting tea from chaiwallah in plastic covers, microwaving in plastic utensils are some examples of unnecessary carcinogenic exposure. Certain behavioral changes may be needed. If you are exposed to carcinogens due to your profession be careful and reduce your exposure.
Step 2: Eat healthily
Chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and growth hormones are used to produce many food items – plant and animal foods. So firstly try to use organic foods. Avoid food items that use a lot of pesticides for their production. Wash the vegetables thoroughly to remove pesticides. Include organic fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes, and such items in your regular foods. Choose healthy fats and proteins. Avoid proteins produced by excessive use of antibiotics in animal farms.
Step 3: Avoid tobacco
Smoking, chewing tobacco, or even passive exposure to tobacco smoke may increase the risk of cancer. Therefore, you must stay away from it, at all times. Scientific research has concluded that tobacco is one of the primary causes of the amplified risk of cancer, and you must avoid any kind of contact with nicotine. If you aren’t able to quit on your own, seek professional help.
Step 4: Use sun protection
Whether you are indoor or outdoor, it is a sunny day or a cloudy one; you cannot ignore the damage caused by the sun. Considered to be one of the predominant causes of skin cancer, you have to be aware of how to combat it. Follow some simple rules; try to avoid exposure to the sun rays, especially around midday; wear at least SPF 30 sunblock; use shades, hats, and clothes for adequate cover.
Step 5: Exercise regularly
Be it a rigorous workout or a regular jog across the park, a fit body helps you diminish the risk of cancer. Try to maintain a healthy body weight and remain active. What is the ideal weight of an individual? It depends on several factors. It is a good idea to consult a doctor to know what should be your perfect weight and work out a regime that suits your lifestyle.
All you need to do is to be a little aware of what it means to stay safe and healthy. These slight tweaks enhance your chances of success in avoiding cancer. You can also consult the right healthcare professionals to assess the risk associated with your particular situation and sort it out accordingly.
It is a good idea to go for regular screenings, especially if there is a family history.
Health Articles1. How To Use An Online Pharmacy In The Uk Diazepam?
2. How Does Tramadol Help With Anxiety? How To Order Tramadol Online?
Author: Genrxonline CA
3. Organic Black Seed Oil A Natural Remedy For Insomnia
4. What If I Don’t Believe Vasthu
5. Survival Tips For New Gym Goers
Author: Rite Bite
6. Proven And Approved Hair Loss Treatment Options
Author: Pioneer Hair Transplant Center
7. Let Your Skin Tell The Story Of Your Happy Pregnancy – Here Are A Few Skin-care Routines You Can Try
Author: Prapti Chauhan
8. Document Shredding Services Assist To Safeguard Confidential Information
Author: Herb Scott
9. Chronic Headaches Treatment – Find It While Going For The Top Chiropractor!
Author: Robert Augustine
10. What Is So Beneficial About Organic Oregano Oil?
11. 6 Most Frequently Asked Questions On Teeth Whitening
Author: Claudia Lamington
12. How To Manage Stress With Life Coach – Ritu Singal
Author: Ritu Singal
13. How Is Surging Geriatric Population Driving Telemedicine Market?
Author: Pramod Kumar
14. Know The Use Of Disinfectant / Sanitization Tunnels On People
Author: Rohit Jamb
15. Know Some Common Causes Fire And Explosion Accidents