ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Study: Nearly A Third Of Doctors Won’t See New Medicaid Patients
This story was produced in collaboration with The Philadelphia Inquirer. Physician’s assistant Ann Valdez checks out Amy Morales, 2, during a check-up at a community health center in Aurora, Colorado. The clinic serves many Medicaid patients (Photo by John Moore/Getty Images).
If you’re on Medicaid and looking for a new doctor, your chances are excellent of finding one … in Wyoming.
In New Jersey, not so much.
About 69 percent of doctors nationally accept new Medicaid patients, but the rate varies widely across the country, according to a study published Monday in the journal Health Affairs.
New Jersey had the nation’s lowest rate at 40 percent, while Wyoming had the highest, at 99 percent, according to a survey last year of doctors by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For years, some states have struggled to attract doctors to treat patients enrolled in the state-federal health insurance program for the poor, largely because of their low pay. New Jersey’s reimbursement rate for Medicaid doctors, compared to what Medicare pays, is the lowest in the nation, according to the study.
Percentage of U.S. Office-Based Physicians Accepting New Medicaid Patients, 2011
States estimated to be statistically significantly different from the national average are displayed in bold.
Read More Click here: Study: Nearly A Third Of Doctors Won’t See New Medicaid Patients
Dr. Deane Waldman's Free Articles and Books on Fixing Healthcare. Dr. Waldman exposes the travesty that is today's American Healthcare System, where more money goes to administrators than to doctors for treatming patients for more information click here: Books on Fixing Healthcare
Fitness Articles1. Home Gym Packages In India
Author: Anson Sports
2. Breathwork Training Is Preventive Medicine For The Twenty-first Century
Author: Conscious Breathing is the most accessible method
3. Risk Factors For Uterine Cancer
Author: Dr. Swati Shah
4. Face Lift Treatment Cost In Sydney
5. Relaxation Techniques
Author: Raja A
6. Opportunities In Ovarian Cancer Diagnostics Market Abound Amid Covid-19, Concludes Fact.mr
7. Fast&up Bcaa - Jar Of 30 Servings-muscle Activation Boosters
Author: MD HASSNAIN FARIDY
8. Body Contouring Market Analysis, Market Status, Competition & Companies, Growth Opportunities 2023
Author: Body Contouring Market Analysis
9. The Benefits Of Yoga – American Osteopathic Association
10. Dos And Don'ts For Amateur Fitness Enthusiasts
Author: Rite Bite
11. 5 Nutrition Supplements Every Man Needs.
Author: hassnain faridy
12. Signs And Symptoms Of Dental Decay
Author: Frank Meshkani
13. Advantage Of Upright Stationary Fitness Bike
Author: KNIM SARODE
14. The Significance Of Adding Omega-3 To Your Day By Day Diet
Author: hassnain faridy
15. N95 Niosh-approved Masks Standard
Author: Lisa Lin