ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Replace Your Old Toilet With A Duravit Toilet Seat
A simple upgrade can make a significant difference in your bathroom’s appearance. If your current toilet seat is dinged, cracked, or worn out, it may be the right time to replace it with a new Duravit toilet seat. Here is a step by step guide on how to replace your toilet seat:
Keep in mind that though they usually look the same, toilet seats avail in a wide range of dimensions. This is why, before making a replacement, ensure to measure your present toilet seat. Take 3 measurements – the width of the seat, the length of the seat, and the distance between the bolts that secure the seat to the toilet.
Taking of the old seat may be the most complicated part a replacement procedure. Much relies on the nature of the nuts & bolts that keep the seat in place. If both are plastic, then you will possibly have no issue. With the help of pliers, hold the nuts on the underside of the toilet tank in place while you screw the bolts with a screwdriver. If the nuts & bolts are metal, especially if the seat has not been replaced for many years, decay may come in your way. Here, it usually helps to use lubricating oil to the nut. Wait for fifteen minutes, then use pliers to take off the nut.
As soon as you remove the old seat, don’t miss the chance to clean in & around the bolt holes. Then, put the new seat on the toilet, threading the bolts via the newly cleaned holes. With one hand refraining the bolt from dislodging, make use of the other hand to tighten the nut underneath. Lastly, screw in the bolt gently as you hold the nut steady with pliers. Be careful not to over tighten the bolt because doing so runs the danger of injuring your toilet. Put the plastic cover over the bolts and before you finish the task lift & lower the seat 5-6 times to check the elasticity. Tighten if required!
Replacing your old seat with a new Duravit Toilet Seat requires so little effort with so much reward. The toilet seat in fact goes a long way towards influencing the look of your bathroom, particularly one with a small footprint. People change their toilet seat for many reasons! No matter what yours is – you can accomplish this technical looking task without even calling a plumber.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Best Bathroom Ventilation Fan?
2. Tips For Designing A Custom Home Floor Plan
Author: Norm Doumit
3. Adopting A Unicorn In The Fairy Garden
Author: Florence Blum
4. How To Choose The Right Custom Home Builder In Sydney
Author: Norm Doumit
5. Why Choose Handmade Rugs Company?
Author: Huzaira Javed
6. 4 Simple Ways To Residential Landscaping Maintenance
Author: Ethan Marian
7. Opt For Professional Roofing Companies And Repair Your Roof In A Better Way
Author: Tyler Gowlland
8. Know About 4 Amazing Construction Ideas From Residential Architects
Author: Jack Weathers
9. Know The Benefits Of Using Project Management
Author: Harrison Gilray
10. 4 Important Reasons To Hire Commercial Cleaners
Author: Brayden Burdekin
11. What Is The Best Fencing Option You Should Opt For?
Author: Michael R Gilmore
12. 7 Most Influential Architectural Prince That Will Take 2021 By Storm
Author: Garry Stacks
13. How To Have A Magnificent Swimming Pool In Your Compound
Author: Rory Carruthers
14. 5 Benefits Of Opting For The End Of Tenancy Cleaning Services
Author: Jamie Fison
15. 5 Benefits Of Constructing A Carports
Author: Ashton Coaldrak