ALL >> Education >> View Article
Sap Universal Journal Guide 2020
SAP Universal Journal- Reduced Memory Footprints
The concept of the SAP Universal Journal emerges with the launch of SAP S/4 HANA Finance. With S/4HANA SAP eliminated data, such as aggregates and indexes, it also further reduced memory footprints and table design.
The a hrefUniversal Journal in SAP analyses the major impact of S/4 HANA Finance’s table architecture design on General Ledger Accounting.
Furthermore, it also checks the impact of business process transactions and configuration changes.
features & Benefits of SAP Universal Journal
When we compare SAP ECC to S/4HANA database, we come across so many benefits which universal journal has brought in S4 HANA Finance.
We learn about them each here below:
One Database – ACDOCA
In SAP ERP (ECC), SAP stores SAP General Ledger (G/L), customer and vendor balances and open items in various database tables to support reporting.
However, with the SAP S/4 HANA Finance, it achieves the same reporting directly from table ACDOCA without storing balances or open items separately. All the fields from sub-modules such as Controlling (CO), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Material Ledger (ML) and Profitability Analysis (CO-PA) are available in the table ACDOCA.
Entries in Universal Journal in SAP
There are several technical changes in general Ledger Accounting such as:
The old data stored in table “ FAGLFLEXA” and “FAGLFLEXT” now stored in ACDOCA
The ACDOCA also stores the data of new G/L public sector industry tables and joint venture accounting.
Customer-specific new G/L fields ZZ( cust) and ZZ(CUST)A are stored in table ACDOCA
A compatibility view is provided for the new G/L industry table and customer-specific new G/L tables.
Access to old data in tables is still possible via the V_TABLENAME_ORI Example V_FAGLFLEXA_ORI
The old data of table FAGLFLEXT is stored in table FAGLFLEXT_BCK
Customers can access the old data in customer-defined new G/L tables that are created as views in the Data Dictionary ( DDIC) . The V_FAGLFLEXA_ORI view can be used as a template.
Secondary Cost Element
An earlier version of SAP (ECC), financials (FI) does not include secondary cost elements. This is to say, the financial statements could not display the secondary cost elements. On the other hand, in SAP S/4 HANA Finance, the secondary cost elements are created as G/L accounts. This allows financial statements version as well to include and show secondary cost elements.
Architectural Impact of Universal Journal in SAP
General Ledger Accounting is the new journal entry. This consists of a header record (Table BKPF) and the respective line items record (Table ACDOCA).
I am a free Lance Content Writer with 4 years of experience. I write on education, career, digital marketing and ERP learning for websites and blogs.
Education Articles1. Togaf - Enriching And Empowering Lives
Author: Nitesh Prasad
2. Vfx Courses In Pune – Arena Animation Tilak Road
Author: Arena Animation Tilak Road
3. How Digital Marketing Is Important To E-commerce Websites?
Author: SUJATA KALE
4. Best Cyber Security Career 2020 Roadmap For It Professionals
5. Last One Month Strategy For Neet 2020
Author: Ajay Dulgach
6. Impacts Of Covid-19 On The Website Designing Development Companies
Author: RIYA SARODE
7. Can Blockchain Technology Help To Grow Gdp ?
Author: Block chain council
8. What You Need To Do In Your Career When You Are 22 ?
Author: Rohit Chandiramani
9. Public Speaking - Tips To Look More Confident Even If You Are Not
10. Skills Studying Abroad Helps You Acquire
Author: Sushil Sukhwani
11. Which Short Term Online Certification Course You Should Pursue Now
Author: Prerna Mehta
12. Paramedical Courses In Dehradun
Author: Manish Chamoli
13. Amazon Competitor Analysis | Step By Step Guide For Beginners.
Author: Joel Lazrado
14. Top Blockchain Tools For Remote Work In A Period Of Covid
Author: Block chain council
15. The Most Effective Steps To Developing The Best Parent-school Relationship