ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Tips For Cleaning And Organizing Your Pantry
Take everything out of the pantry when you want to deep clean it. Remove all the food and cookware from your pantry, and thoroughly wipe down shelves with a microfiber cloth dipped in warm, soapy water. If your shelves aren’t very soiled, you can just use a damp microfiber cloth and some DIY kitchen spray for especially dirty spots. Take out removable shelves; soak and wash them in the kitchen sink in warm, soapy water; rinse well; and dry completely. Vacuum the floor of the pantry, and use the crevice tool to vacuum in corners and other tight spots.
Throw away spoiled and expired food. Put any leaky foods in sturdy new containers to prevent future messes.
Wipe off containers. Clean any dusty or greasy containers with a damp cloth, and dry before replacing in the pantry.
Keep dry goods fresher longer by storing in hard plastic and glass containers. Did you know that pantry moths can chew right through paper, thin plastic, and cardboard packaging to access your food? Keep all your dry goods, including cereals, flour, sugar, rice, bread crumbs, crackers, and more, in airtight containers to keep them fresher longer and prevent pests like ants, houseflies, and pantry moths from contaminating your food. If space is tight, try stackable containers.
Label everything. Prevent waste by clearly labeling and dating your food. That way, you’ll know when it’s set to expire so you can use it beforehand.
Organize your pantry. As you put food back in your pantry, take the time to organize your space. Store similar items together, label and date containers, and keep your favorites where they can be easily accessed.
Keep it up. You should deep clean your pantry and other storage areas at least 3–4 times per year, and perform more routine maintenance—such as cleaning the floor, discarding spoiled food, and wiping up spills and other big messes—every time you clean or at least once a month.
Home and Garden Articles1. Residential Painting Contractor-a Great Way To Transform Your Home's Interior & Exterior
Author: Martha Navas
2. What Are The Different Types Of Bed Bug Exterminator Treatments Used Today?
Author: David Alexander
3. Why Flowers Are The Best Item To Decorate Your Home
Author: Ashutosh Verma
4. Get The Best Quality Timber And Oak Flooring Products And Accessories
Author: Chloe Winson
5. Everything You Should Know About Swimming Pool Heat Pumps
Author: Kajal Hedav
6. 5 Marble Slabs That Makes Your Bathroom Design Look Elegant
Author: Hemani Singh
7. 5 Best Kitchen Marbles For Perfect Kitchens
Author: Sipani Mables
8. Welcome To New Beginnings: Why The Neo-modern Idea Is So Important To Modern Way Of Living
Author: Ramesh Sharma
9. How Much Should You Pay For A Mattress In Australia
Author: Mandeep Singh
10. What Is The Importance Kitchen Sink To Every House?
Author: Divya Verma
11. Aluminum Garage Doors Are The Best!
Author: Jose Gordan
12. How Does The Scented Air Filters Work?
Author: Mark Joshua
13. Design Tips For Living Room
Author: gunjan gupta
14. How Do You Know The Location For My New Hot Tub Installation?
Author: Cedar Barrel Saunas
15. Home Disinfecting: How To Keep Your Bedroom Clean
Author: ServiceMaster by Wright