ALL >> Business >> View Article
Costs Of Owning An Electric Cars Vs Petrol Cars
Consumers are spoiled with choice in regards to buying a new vehicle and even more so now with emerging electric vehicle technology adding to the mix of cars available to buy. We look at the costs of owning both an electric and internal combustion car. Electric cars and internal combustion
- Energy Utilisation:
When you utilise petroleum without a battery the energy is completely lost when you break to heat and sound. You can have a hybrid vehicle but mixing two technologies causes an increase in servicing cost which offsets savings in petrol consumption. An electric car does not have this issue. Regenerative breaking allows the battery to recharge when the brakes are applied. EV’s also are able to utilise grid energy via electric vehicle charging stations
To compare an EC motor according to the energy council is 85 - 90 % efficient and when we consider the entire process which includes the electric car charging they covert over 80 per cent of the electrical energy from the grid to power at the wheels. A petroleum car on the other hand due to the amount of moving parts, heat generation, sounds and more ...
... is only 27% efficient.
- More Moving Parts.
A petrol car has almost 2000 moving parts compared to an electric cars 30 parts in the drivetrain! This has two effects, a reduction in efficiency and an increase in serving costs. The majority of an electric cars costs are associated with the batteries.
The engine is already cheaper to manufacture. Battery prices are falling fast. At $100 /kW we can already see price parity. EV charging stations allow these batteries to be refilled everyday maintaining and improving their lifecycle
The Hyundai IONIQ Electric costs around $40,000 while i30 1.4 T-GDI will cost $27,000.That means the electric version is around 34% more expensive than its petrol counterpart.
- Air pollution: ICE cars products harmful local air pollution which in many large cities leads to smog and harmful PMI levels. Electric vehicle can potentially be green when they utilise clean energy but this is dependent on the source of electricity. Solutions such as solar based electric car charging stations and using electric car tariffs from major energy generators allows the utilisation of clean energy.
- Refuelling: Currently ICE cars have an advantage of convenience via a network of major petrol stations. This infrastructure is still being constructed for electric cars. However we note that you can charge your car at home which is more convenient than having to stop for petrol. EV charging stations make it easy to get charged at home, work or destinations.
- Range: Petrol fuelled vehicles have a range of 400 – 600km while modern electric cars have a range of 400-600km. We note the next generation Tesla will be over 1000km in range.
With an electric car charger installed at home this further improves the convenience and usability of the vehicle.
At EVE Australia we believe that the drive toward a better future starts today. Our mission is to help power the future of Australian Mobility through clean, affordable and convenient Electric Vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure. We aim to achieve this through the provision of comprehensive Electric Vehicle charging solutions which bring together the leaders in EV charging technology with electric car owners all across Australia & New Zealand. EVE Australia have partnered with the world’s leading brands to bring the latest technology to your home, business and car park in an affordable and convienent way. For more Visit https://www.evse.com.au
Business Articles1. Best Landscape Consultancy In Brisbane
Author: C Price Landscapes
2. Logistics Uk Wants Government To Grant Eu Drivers The Temporary Visa
Author: VSL Logistics
3. Custom Cabinets Refacing
Author: Kendall Coupons
4. Why Different Industries Prefer Ecomass As The Best High-density Polymer?
Author: Michael Luis
5. Custom Gable Boxes Wholesale At Exclusive Quality And Price
Author: Jaff Parker
6. What Are 24-hour Electricians And Do I Need One?
Author: vikram kumar
7. Nokego Securities
8. Great Food Delivery Services For A Startup Business
Author: Code Regime Technologies
9. Customized Lip Gloss Packaging
Author: Jaff Parker
10. Why You Should Choose To Light Your Cigar With A Triple Refined Butane Fuel
Author: Michael Glynn
11. Pla Clear Cup Is Now Used In Vast Numbers At Hotels And Restaurants!
12. Top Architects In Faridabad | Interior Designer In Faridabad
Author: Space Shastra Architects
13. Learn More About Allah With Quran In Bengali Language
Author: Online Islamic Books Inc
14. Ferroalloy Industries Take A Major Role In Manufacturing Sectors
Author: Anindya Bhaumik
15. World's First Nft Pageant: Bitkub Group Has Officially Partnered With Miss Universe Thailand 2021
Author: Cecilia Wong