ALL >> Art >> View Article
Synthetic Tattoo Skin: The Best Solution To Practice Your Tattoo Skills
Practice makes the man perfect!
This may sound cliché to you but it is definitely the ultimate truth. If you want to improve your tattoo skills, you need to practice and then, you need to practice more.
No matter how many YouTube tutorials you watch to understand the tattoo skills or work as an apprentice for an experienced tattoo artist, you will still need to practice. Transitioning from creating tattoo designs on paper to using a needle on the skin is not an easy task. And, it requires a lot of effort.
No one is going to line-up for a new tattoo artist to practice his skills on them.
So, you need to find alternatives. And, that’s where tattoo practice skin comes into picture.
What is Synthetic Tattoo Practice Skin?
When you are shopping for fake tattoo skins, you will find that several options are available on the market. When fake skin was first available, it was made up of plastic or rubber. It wasn’t very life-like and artists preferred using other alternatives.
However, with the advancement in technology, high-quality silicone fake skin was introduced in the market. It comes very close to real skin and behaves like one. It will hold the ink efficiently and permanently so that you will be able to display your artwork or add it to your portfolio.
Here are a few products available on the market:
1. Loose fake skin sheets for tattoo practice (with/without elastic straps)
2. Skin book with pages filled with synthetic skin
3. Gallery-ready wooden plank of flesh
4. 3D practice head for tattoo, micro-blading and permanent makeup
5. Tattoo practice hand with short arm
6. Full back tattoo practice skin
7. Silicone arm and full hand for tattoo practice
8. Tattoo practice skin foot
Pig Skin and Other Alternatives: Are they Worth it?
The alternatives to synthetic tattoo skin include pig skin because it is anatomically similar to the texture of human skin. It is slightly thicker and less elastic than human skin. And more importantly, it can smell awful.
As the pig skin behaves differently than human skin, stencil papers do not give clear designs, so you may have to draw your designs on the skin. Due to the thickness of pig skin, you may have to apply additional force while using the tattoo machine which is not required when working on human skin. Also, it stains and dries quickly so you need to very careful while working with pig skin. When you buy a pig skin sheet, you usually have an hour with the skin before it starts drying. If you are using pig skin, you may want to invest in an arm-bar to replicate a human limb.
You can even use fruits for practicing your art. Many tattoo artists prefer using honeydew melon as it works great for lining and coloring. Even grapefruits and oranges are old school practice tools for tattoo technicians. However, the small size of fruits and texture makes it difficult to absorb stencils, inks, and needles.
Synthetic tattoo skin is the best option because it cannot go bad like fruit peels and pig skin. And, you can preserve it without any issues.
Why choose only the Best Synthetic Tattoo Skin?
Silicone tattoo skin can become expensive but it offers the closest resemblance to real, human skin. It is essential that you choose the best synthetic tattoo skin because of the following reasons:
a. Cheap synthetic skin will not feel like human skin to you.
b. Your needle won’t react the same way as it is does on real skin.
c. You may have to go over the tattoo lines multiple times.
d. Cheap silicone skin will not hold the ink effectively and will bleed all over.
e. Packing the color becomes extremely difficult.
f. You may need to use large quantities of Vaseline otherwise; the skin will smudge and stain.
So, it is essential to choose the best synthetic tattoo skin for practicing your skills.
Synthetic Tattooable Skin: Improve Tattoo Skills without Mishaps
The most important reason for using tattooable skin is that it allows artists to practice their techniques in detail. They can closely experience how the real skin will behave during the tattooing process and what kind of pressure to apply in order to get the best results. It means you will be able to avoid unnecessary bruising, bleeding, and accidents and thus, provide a pleasant experience to your clients.
Buy synthetic tattoo practice skin for your tattoo salon online. Instead of choosing pig skin that dries quickly and stinks a lot, choose silicone synthetic tattoo practice foot or hands. You can also buy gallery-ready tattoo practice skin with wooden-frame.
I am a specialist in Magento extension development. I have helped several store-owners in achieving their business goals with custom Magento extensions and plugins. Connect with me to know more about incredible Magento modules that will take your business to the pinnacle of success.
Art Articles1. Beautiful Black Ebony Bosendorfer Grand Piano Hammers For $53,125 At Ripley Auctions, January 16th
Author: Kristen Hein
2. Smfa At Tufts - Contemporary Fine Art Auction
Author: alex cox
3. Know Which Is Best For You Permanent Or Temporary Tattoos
Author: Hidden Gem Tattoo Studio
4. Why Banners Make Perfect Outdoor Ads For Local Small Businesses
Author: Rene Navas
5. Top Reasons To Opt For Fine Art Abstract Photography
6. Shannon's Online Fine Art Auction Features American And European Art, Drawings, Sculptures
Author: Sandra Germain
7. Ahlers & Ogletree's Three-day, Online-only A Collector's Dream Auction, Jan. 15-17, Tops $2 Million
Author: Elizabeth Rickenbaker
8. Hire Best Fashion Photographer In Los Angeles
Author: Jim Jordan Photography
9. How To Promote Yourself As A Commercial Photographer
Author: Joseph Macgeorge
10. How Online Platforms Help To Connect & Purchase Home Decor Art Craft?
Author: Aditya Roy
11. Bruneau & Co.'s Online Estate Fine Art & Antique Auction, Jan. 28th, Has Over 375 Market Fresh Lots
Author: Travis Landry
12. Know More About Event Photographers In Brisbane
Author: Joseph Macgeorge
13. Dynamic Photography - Has Photography Come Of Age
Author: Digital Studios
14. Alaska Structures Purchases Staticstop Esd Flooring Temporary Facilities
Author: Steven Dubin
15. Wish To Project In Style To The Target Group? Creative Product Photography Got You Covered
Author: Stanley Butler