ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
Using Rfid For Cycle Counting / Physical Inventory
However, some example may include:
Annual audits conducted from a financial perspective to cross verify that assets in the company’s books are in fact where they should be.
Inventory cycle counts to cross verify inventory and ensure there are no variances. Common reasons for these variances may include overages/ shrinkage.
Different strategies may be taken including counting a sub section of product lines or a specific area of a warehouse. Traditional means of collecting this data include tallying products on a count sheet or scanning barcodes off product labeling.
As you would imagine, the collection of this data is often time consuming and prone to error.
RFID technology, specifically UHF (RAIN) RFID, can be used to cycle counts or conduct physical inventory and provide tremendous workflow automation in the process. The technology works by placing an RFID tag or label on inventory and assets. For counting, an RFID handheld can be used to automate the data collection. Benefits include:
Quicker inventory times – RFID has the ability to read many items at a time. The technology also doesn’t require line of sight so counters may not need to lift up each item or be able to visually see it to be able to count it (On the contrary, if scanning a label off a box, the counter would need to find where the label is located and aim the barcode scanner at the label) For example, this is valuable in dense environments so users don’t need to bend down under desks or climb scaffolding.
Higher Accuracy Counts – With RFID , as the counting process is less dependent on users individually scanning items, higher accuracy counts are typically achieved.
More Frequent Counts – As counts take less time and are more accurate, they can be done more often. The culmination of this data is extremely valuable and can be used for advanced analytics and machine learning.
Better asset / inventory management – With higher accuracy, improve asset utilization as well as reduce lost / out of inventory situations.
Hardware/Software Articles1. Global Fluid Handling Systems Market
2. About Icd-10 Coding Changes In 2021
3. 6 Huge Affiliate Marketing Mistakes That You Must Avoid To Be Successful
Author: Marya Lizabeth
4. Key Features Of Inventory Management System For Your Business
Author: Bhrungaraj Sahoo
5. Wordpress Is A Supreme Web Development Platform
Author: Swayam Infotech
6. Americommerce Sale 2021
Author: marshal mathers
7. Education Erp Software
Author: Ankit chauhan
8. What Are The Biggest Pain Points Of Using Graphql?
Author: Eldon Broady
9. How To Create Invoice/estimate
Author: Ronny Jones
10. Global Industrial Salt Market
11. Microsoft 365 Business Basic Promo Code For One Month Free Trial With Lots Of Discounts
Author: Christine Bleakley
12. Why Use A Wireless Barcode Scanner?
Author: Vishal Jain
13. The Best Id Verification Software
Author: Eldon Broady
14. Different Languages To Add To Your Magento Store
Author: Maulik Shah
15. Best Delivery Route Planner App Must Be Used To Ensure Doing Business Smoothly!
Author: John Pearson