ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Make A Room Divider To Match Your Decor
A room divider in a theme that compliments your dÃ©cor can add a unique look to the corner of your room while doubling as a screen to hide a messy area or provide extra storage in the back. A decent room divider can be quite costly, but if you consider yourself to be handy with tools, then you might be able to save a bundle while making a nice custom accent piece for your room.
When deciding on making a room divider, you must first pick out which kind you want to make. There's 3 basic types of dividers - the folding screen, the flat panel and the hanging curtain.
The folding screen style of room divider typically has 3 or 4 panels, but you can build it with as many as you want. It stands on it's own when the panels are set at slight angles. To build this type of room divider, you simply make panel frames out of wood - you can build them to any size that suits. Then add the inside panels - insides can be glass, fabric, stained wood, painted wood or anything else that suits your fancy! Finally, assemble each panel to the other with hinges so that each piece folds against the other.
The room divider ...
... that is one panel and has feet that hold it up is the easiest to build. Just build the panel frame from wood and put whatever material you want in the middle. Then add some feet on the bottom to hold it up. You may be able to get pre-made feet for it or you can simply build them yourself. Make sure the feet are long enough so that the divider is sturdy when standing.
If you want to build a fabric or beaded divider, you will have to use something to suspend it from the ceiling. A track is nice because then you can slide the divider back if you want to expose the sections of the room. Something like a curtain rod could work, if you can rig something up that doesn't look strange. Then simply add the curtain or bead panel. You can even use a store bought curtain or make one yourself.
About the Author: Lee Dobbins writes for decorating and pet related web sites. Visit http://www.room-divider-decor.com to find out how you can add a room divider to your dÃ©cor. Source: www.isnare.com
Home and Garden Articles1. Why Should One Hire Professionals To Replace The Rotten Window?
2. How To Repair Window Rots And Damaged Sills Effectively And Quickly
3. 5 Fantastic Points Why Damascus Steel Chef Knife Is Coveted Worldwide
4. Why Depend On A Professional Cleaning Company In London To Have The Best Upholstery Cleaning
Author: Nikolay Koychev
5. Get Only High-quality Upvc Windows For Ensuring Maximum Insulation In Your Home
6. Get Only High-quality Upvc Windows For Ensuring Maximum Insulation
7. Five Importance Of Having Professional Curtain Cleaning In Hammersmith W6
Author: Nikolay Milchev
8. Easy Tips To Follow For Roof Maintenance
Author: Michael Gilmore
9. Things To Know About Architectural Designs
Author: Garry Stacks
10. Top Reasons To Choose Frameless Shower Screens
Author: Chloe Kellaway
11. Four Interesting Advantages Of Installing A Home Security Camera!
Author: Owen Summerville
12. Pest Control - Making Your House Pest-free
Author: Anna Hall
13. What Is Codit? How Is It Related To Tree Pruning?
Author: Owen Summerville
14. Familyprideplumbing Inc - Lake Elsinore
15. What Are The Differences Between A Fibreglass Pool And A Concrete Pool?
Author: Rory Carruthers