ALL >> Family >> View Article
Top Tips When Preparing Your Hurricane Safety Kit In The Time Of A Pandemic
Hurricanes and Pandemic? What a combo. But it can happen. We are going through challenging times these days with the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic or also known as COVID-19.
COVID-19 is likely to be with us for a long time, and that is why we must prepare a little differently for other disasters that may affect our communities. It is difficult to think about, but other disasters like hurricanes can still strike.
Hurricanes are strong storms that can be life-threatening, as well as cause serious hazards such as flooding, storm surges, high winds, and tornadoes.
Over the past years, there were a couple of deadly hurricanes that passed and left a scar to affected families. Now that we have this COVID-19 pandemic, how do we deal with hurricane preparedness?
Preparing for the Hurricane Season
- Understand that your planning may be different this year because of the need to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- With the public warnings issued by the government, use this to give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medical supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies; however, that may not be an option for everyone.
- If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps to protect your and other's health when running essential errands.
- If you need medicine, sign up for mail-order delivery or call in your prescription ahead of time and use drive-through windows or curbside pickup, if available.
- Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, including potential shelters for your pets if you have any. It’s best to be always updated about this so that you will know where to go if the situation gets worse.
- If you need to evacuate, prepare a kit with personal items you cannot do without during an emergency. Include items that can help protect you and others from COVID-19, such as hand sanitizer, or bar or liquid soap if not available, and two cloth face masks for each person. There should be enough face masks for each member of your family so that everyone will be protected.
- Follow social distancing recommendations when checking on your neighbors and friends. It is recommended to stay at least 6 feet or about 2 arms' length from others.
- If you need to go to a disaster shelter provided you practice safety regulations imposed by the local authorities to avoid being infected by the virus.
- Keep a Water Damage Restoration Service Greenville contact number handy. In case of water damage, it’s best if you keep one. We’ll never know what destruction hurricanes can bring.
As much as we want hurricanes not to happen, we believe that they are inevitable. So it’s better if we prepare our home and business for the worst.
If your home will be damaged by the hurricane, call experts for content cleaning from water damage in Greenville. If it’s your business that is damaged by the hurricane, then you can contact a Commercial Water Damage Services in Greenville.
Call ServiceMaster of the Upstate at (864) 310-7891 for 24-hour emergency service in South Carolina. We are serving Greenville, Spartanburg, Laurens, Newberry, Saluda, and surrounding areas and counties.
Family Articles1. 8 Best Gifts For Dog Lovers In 2020 And Beyond
Author: Evan B
2. Importance Of Aura Of Flowers
Author: Shivam Dubey
3. Divorce And Health: The Complete Guide For All Sustaining Couples
Author: Lucy Everette
4. How Can A Confinement Nanny Help You?
Author: Brian Jones
5. Origin And History Of Tea Learn The Story Of Tea Tea Background
Author: Farhan Tushar
6. Choosing Return Gifts For Kids
Author: Satjit Kumar
7. Helping The Others Realize The Advantages Of Love Relationship
Author: Filmy Duniya
8. 7 Tips To Improve Parent And Child Relationship
9. 10 Best Relationship Advice For Men And Women
Author: ritu singal
10. 6 Reasons To Buy Gifts Online
Author: Satjit kumar
11. The New Guys - House Of Worktops Exhibited Their Wood Worktop And Laminate Worktops Collection
12. Anniversary Gift Ideas
13. When Did A Mattress Run Out?
14. Living Room – A Representative Of Your Living Sense
Author: Pramod Kumar
15. Wedding Photography - Things You Need To Keep In Mind