ALL >> Hardware-Software >> View Article
10 Things To Check For When Installing A Fixed Rfid Reader System
Just to list a couple:
RFID tag, hardware and software selection
Site survey and workflow analysis
Proof of concept testing
However, at the time of installation, it’s a great idea to check the following to make your installation as smooth as possible:
Only connect / disconnect an RFID antenna to an RFID reader when the device is powered off .
Angle the antennas to increase the dwell time (the time tag spends in the read zone when traveling through).
Install antennas with an adjustable swivel mount for adjustment of the antenna height and angle to modify the read zone.
Sure that RF cable connectors are tight!
Protect the RFID readers and antennas so they don’t get bumped, moved or damaged.
Ensure that LED’s and visual indicators on the RFID device are easily visible.
This is important to be able to visually verify status lights.
When mounting RFID readers, ensure that there is enough spacing so that cables can be easily added or removed later on.
Cable lengths from one reader to pairs of antennas should be equal (to ensure that the attenuation is equal).
Visually inspect the installed AC outlets and Ethernet cable runs.
Check functions of I/O devices and their correct placement.
Need help with your RFID project – let us know!
Hardware/Software Articles1. Why Cold Calling Is Becoming Obsolete
Author: Marya Lizabeth
2. Why Opt For Cloud Testing In It Modernization?
Author: Michal Wade
3. Importance Of Timely Furnace Repair & Maintenance
4. How To Get Advertisers For Your Podcast
Author: Barry Elvis
5. Remote Desktop Vs Vpn - Everything You Need To Know
Author: James F Bartlett
6. Data Security Standards And Some Best Practices
7. Why Your Contracts Need Your Attention
8. The New Age Contract Lifecycle Management Solution!
9. What Has Led To The Sudden Rise And Demand For Cloud Based Clm?
10. 4 Main Problems Faced By Contract Management Users
11. Contract Liefcycle Management Software: 6 Questions You Need To Ask
12. Importance Of Digital Signing In The Time Of Pandemic
13. How To Prevent Revenue Leakage With Contract Lifecycle Management?
14. Benefit Of Clm
15. Collaboration Is Key To Contract Risk Management