ALL >> Education >> View Article
Blockchain Technology In Stock Exchange
Will blockchain technology be the most significant disruption of the last three centuries in the stock market industry? Well, Norbert Biedrzycki -Head of Services CEE at Microsoft says so, and so does blockchain council. Blockchain technology has been able to significantly change the dynamics of money, supply chain management, finance, record keeping, and more. Along with supporting crypto-currencies such as bitcoin and ethereum, it can revolutionize both the storage and transmission of financial data around the globe and stock trading marketplaces.
While Tokyo Stock Exchange and Nasdaq have unveiled the use of blockchain in its core trading infrastructure, India's Securities Exchange Board, among others, is researching its feasibility in fundraising, post-trade settlement, and asset management.
Learning of the blog
• What is blockchain technology?
• How is it useful to the stock market?
• Advantages that it brings
• Early accessors
• Future Scope
What is blockchain technology?
Blockchain is a database innovation that provides a shared public register where ...
... all parties can track and encrypt transactions. This register consists of nodes, and each node is a computer that follows the protocol. Blocks are public, but its contents can be protected by cryptography. A new block is added every time a token transaction is confirmed. There are private blockchains in which access is by permission only, and in-house nodes verify the transactions. On the other hand, public blockchains, as you must have guessed, are open access. Another type is permissioned public blockchains that retain the volunteer verification but has restricted access.
If you want to know more about blockchain, you can check out this blockchain course!
How is it useful to the stock market?
The stock market is a mammoth creature with very high inertia. Blockchain technology can prove fruitful in clearing and settlement alongside securing automation of the post-trade process. It can speed by the settlement of trades and subtly go about stock exchanges with the help of automation and decentralization.
According to a Blockchain in Capital market's report, "IT and operations expenditure in capital markets is currently close to $100-150 billion per year among banks". Blockchain can reduce extra commission costs by eliminating the third party regulator as the blockchain network does the needful. Thus, it can answer trust, interoperability, and transparency issues.
Advantages that it brings
The advantages that blockchain technology brings along are:
1. Decentralization: As the system is distributive, money is not present at one node.
2. Transparency: As technology is in public eyes, it brings in trust.
3. Cost Reduction: Since there are no intermediaries, the cost gets reduced.
4. Security: Blockchain can act as an automatic surveillance system, and the valuation of securities deposited can be done daily.
5. Less time: The transactions are quick, as there is no duplication of the process.
6. High Liquidity: Blockchain reduces ineffectiveness with the help of automation, ultimately bringing in more investment.
The New- York-based firm Nasdaq which operates at the junction of finance and technology, was one of the first to adopt bitcoin technology, thus advocating the demand of blockchain professionals. It now enables investors to harness blockchain's power by securely navigating financial markets at an international level. To register all transactions in real-time, Nasdaq Stockholm and the Swedish bank SEB started testing blockchain.
The London Stock Exchange Group, in collaboration with IBM, is testing a blockchain platform to fully digitize trades in the shares of medium and small-sized enterprises. Apart from this, the NYSE and Deutsche Borse would be evaluating the feasibility and advantages of the technology soon.
Due to less testing, there are some scalability issues with blockchain, so to disrupt the operations of the stock market, it can take up to ten years, but it does have the potential to transform companies and the society. It is a great investment opportunity because of its ability to tackle data fragmentation, insider trading, data loss, reconciliation, and ticket matching problems.
Thus. Blockchain technology can bring about the widespread upset in automated market surveillance and post-trade event processing.
Blockchain Council is an authoritative group of subject experts and enthusiasts who are evangelizing the Blockchain Research and Development, Use Cases and Products and Knowledge for a better world. Blockchain technology is more than just a technology, which is emerging rapidly with a vast scope in the future. Blockchain acts as a financial network, software, distributed ledger, etc. Owing to this multitude of benefits and features, companies are now shifting their centralized and traditional working system to this trending and futuristic technology “Blockchain”. Blockchain council creates an environment and raises awareness among businesses, enterprises, developers, and society by educating them in the Blockchain space. We are a private de-facto organization working individually and proliferating Blockchain technology globally. Visit here for more details@https://www.blockchain-council.org/
Education Articles1. Skills That Kids Need To Learn From Early Childhood
Author: Nalanda Learning
2. Learn About The Essential Skills For Aspiring Us Cmas
Author: My Logic
3. Constantly Thriving To Make This World A Better Place To Live Is Narendra Rawat
Author: Narendra Rawat
4. What Is Public Key Cryptography? Everything To Know In Details
5. Best Universities To Study Mba In Netherlands
6. The Benefits Of Learning Another Language At An Early Age
Author: Nalanda Learning
7. Detailed Pros And Cons Of Studying The British Curriculum In Dubai
Author: Jigyasa Dhiman
8. Applications Of Infrared Spectroscopy For Milk Products’ Quality Assessment
Author: Aditya Suroshe1*, Ganga Sahay Meena2* and Anil V1
9. Technologies Used To Make Websites More Interactive
10. Interior Designing Course In Rajkot - How To Become An Interior Designer Everything You Need To Know
11. 5 Tips For Parents To Boost Their Kids’ Self Confidence
Author: Nalanda Learning
12. Advertising Patterns To Keep An Eye Out For In 2023
Author: yogesh sashi
13. Emerging Ai And Machine Learning Trends To Watch In 2023 And Beyond
14. 5 Ways To Improve Your Academic Writing
Author: Emma Mary
15. Makers In Making. All Hail The Next Gen Innovator Kids For Stem Education