ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Microchip Switchtec™ Pax Advanced Fabric Gen 4 Pcie Switches Released To Production
June 3, 2020, New Delhi – To support cloud, data center and hyperscale computing that facilitates advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) today released to production its Switchtec™ PAX Advanced Fabric Gen 4 PCIe switch family, enabling complex fabric topologies with greater scalability, lower latency, and higher performance than traditional Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe) switches.
Microchip’s Switchtec PAX PCIe family of switches provides a turnkey fabric solution and reduces time-to-market for systems requiring multi-host sharing of Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) Non-Volatile Memory (NVMe) Solid State Drives (SSDs), Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and other PCIe endpoints.
The Switchtec PAX devices are the industry’s lowest-power Gen 4 PCIe switches, significantly reducing total system power consumption. The Switchtec PAX family of switches is available in the following variants: 100-lane, 84-lane, 68-lane, 52-lane, 36-lane and 28-lane. Other PAX family of switches features include:
• Advanced error containment
• Comprehensive diagnostics and debug capabilities
• Wide breadth of I/O interfaces
• Integrated MIPS processor
• Secure boot to prevent execution of unauthorized firmware through public key cryptography.
Applications include GPU workstations, composable General Purpose GPUs (GP-GPU) fabrics, scalable multi-host systems, SR-IOV-enabled JBOFs, disaggregated systems and rack-scale architectures.
Contact your Microchip salesperson for ordering detail. Complete information is at
Application Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/49895531416/
Block diagram: https://www.flickr.com/photos/microchiptechnology/49895848567
About Microchip Technology
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company’s solutions serve more than 120,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications and computing markets. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality. For more information, visit the Microchip website at www.microchip.com.
Note: The Microchip name and logo, and the Microchip logo are registered trademarks of Microchip Technology Incorporated in the U.S.A. and other countries. Switchtec™ is a trademark of Microchip. All other trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective companies.
For editorial details contact Puspanjali Mudoi at firstname.lastname@example.org / 8826887294
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Why Bi Reporting Is Better Than Traditional Mis Reporting
Author: Bappaditta Jana
2. 5 Troubleshooting Tips That You Can Use If You Are Facing Issues While Accessing Alexa Skills
Author: Jack thomson
3. How Telecom Chatbots Are Improving Customer Experience?
Author: Neha Lynn
4. Aws Managed Services And How To Implement Them
Author: Neil Smith
5. Apple Watch Se: An Honest & Summarized Review
Author: Elisa Wilson
6. World’s First Safety Certified Capacitive Touchscreen Controller Family For The Home Appliance Marke
7. The Various Benefits Of Using Solar Power Systems
Author: Brown Ross
8. Superannuation - Make A Big Difference To Your Retirement Lifestyle
Author: Lester Ong
9. Compare Different Types Of App Development Before Choosing One
Author: Johan Smith
10. Impact Of Ux Design Sales
Author: Charles Ryan
11. How To Choose The Best Car Dealership Marketing Plan?
Author: James Belly
12. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Walls Of Templebrough Guide
Author: elina john
13. Things To Ask Your Solar Provider If You Want Your Business To Go Solar
Author: Brown Ross
14. Apple Homepod Mini – The $99 Affordable Speaker
Author: Angel Smith
15. How To Set Up Keyboard And Mouse Controls In Ps5
Author: Angel Smith