ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
What Qa Testers Need In Their Accessibility Testing Toolkits?
Web accessibility testing helps an application to be accessible for each of its users, especially for the ones with disabilities. This way of making application accessible helps users with disabilities to fulfil every of their needs and as well as it helps enterprises to reach more number of users.
Considering this huge need for accessibility, there have been several guidelines and standards set by different countries. And, while performing web accessibility testing with the suitable automation tools, every of the mentioned web accessibility guidelines has to be followed for achieving an accessible web application.
In order to make the web accessibility testing practice successful with the testing tools, it is important for the enterprises to validate whether the accessibility testing toolkit is able to possess the required functions or not.
6 Important Technologies needed in Accessibility Testing Toolkits
1.Screen Reader: This feature of the screen reader is an important feature for accessibility testing.
With this parameter, it becomes easier to read the displayed content and thus helps in validating whether the displayed content is able to read by the people with vision-related disabilities.
2. Text Alternatives: Every non-text content cannot be understood by everyone. To make this achieved, it is required to have alternate ways for understanding the non-text content such as symbols, simpler language, large print, etc. Hence, the selected tool should be able to support this and help in providing text alternatives.
3. Color and Contrast Checkers: This type of technology helps in detecting the problems that are related to color and contrast. Also, these technologies help in validating the contrast ratio and color code and gradually help the QA teams in analyzing the required background color and contrast ratio.
4. Keyboard Navigation: Every user may not be able to use the mouse to access the application, this is a problem especially for people with vision disabilities, old age, etc. Hence, it is essential for the accessibility testing toolkit to have the ability to enable keyboard navigation for supporting users with disabilities.
5. HTML Checking Tools: This is also an important feature needed for QA testers in the accessibility testing toolkit. With the HTML Checking tool, web pages content and syntax can be scanned against the rules of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
6. Readability Analyzers: Not every person is fluent or proficient to understand every complex language that is mentioned on the web page. Hence, it is essential for the web pages to have characteristics that are easily understandable, even for a layman. This is effectively known as readability. Hence, to validate these, it is essential for the accessibility testing tools to have readability analyzers.
To make application accessibility for all users, especially for the ones with disabilities, QA testers are required to use the best testing tool that can possess the required accessibility testing toolkits. The above-mentioned are a few of the toolkits that are required in accessibility testing tools. However, to know more about the best possible testing practices to achieve an accessible web application, leverage accessibility testing services from leading testing services provider.
I work as a Senior Testing Specialist at TestingXperts. I handle day-to-day operations for all aspects of software testing. With over 7 years of professional experience I know how to build strong connection with the clients and testing capability. Testing plays an important role in the development of new IT programmes and many every day products, like cars and electronic goods.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Why Bi Reporting Is Better Than Traditional Mis Reporting
Author: Bappaditta Jana
2. 5 Troubleshooting Tips That You Can Use If You Are Facing Issues While Accessing Alexa Skills
Author: Jack thomson
3. How Telecom Chatbots Are Improving Customer Experience?
Author: Neha Lynn
4. Aws Managed Services And How To Implement Them
Author: Neil Smith
5. Apple Watch Se: An Honest & Summarized Review
Author: Elisa Wilson
6. World’s First Safety Certified Capacitive Touchscreen Controller Family For The Home Appliance Marke
7. The Various Benefits Of Using Solar Power Systems
Author: Brown Ross
8. Superannuation - Make A Big Difference To Your Retirement Lifestyle
Author: Lester Ong
9. Compare Different Types Of App Development Before Choosing One
Author: Johan Smith
10. Impact Of Ux Design Sales
Author: Charles Ryan
11. How To Choose The Best Car Dealership Marketing Plan?
Author: James Belly
12. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: The Walls Of Templebrough Guide
Author: elina john
13. Things To Ask Your Solar Provider If You Want Your Business To Go Solar
Author: Brown Ross
14. Apple Homepod Mini – The $99 Affordable Speaker
Author: Angel Smith
15. How To Set Up Keyboard And Mouse Controls In Ps5
Author: Angel Smith