ALL >> Health >> View Article
Know Some Common Newborn Birth Injuries
At Fulmer Sill, our attorneys realize that birth injuries not only have physical and emotional consequences, but also place a financial strain on the child’s family. When a birth injury is caused by the negligence of a doctor or another healthcare provider, the family may be able to recover compensation for these costs through a birth injury lawsuit. When an infant suffers a birth injury, the child’s parents may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the doctor or medical professional(s) who delivered the baby.
To have a valid claim, negligence must have led directly to the birth injury.
COMMON NEWBORN BIRTH INJURIES
1. CLAVICLE FRACTURE
2. BRAIN DAMAGE OR HEAD TRAUMA
3. BRACHIAL PLEXUS PALSY
4. CEREBRAL PALSY
5. ERB’S PALSY
6. KLUMPKE’S PALSY
7. SHOULDER DYSTOCIA
8. FACIAL PARALYSIS
10. INJURIES RESULTING FROM HYPOXIC ISCHEMIC ENCEPHALOPATHY (HIE)
POSSIBLE DAMAGE RECOVERIES
When a child suffers a severe birth injury as a result of medical negligence, the family may be entitled to monetary damages. Damages provide compensation for losses suffered as a result of the medical provider’s negligence. Damages can cover both monetary losses and intangible losses, such as a decreased quality of life. Compensation for the following may be available in a birth injury lawsuit:
1. PAST & FUTURE MEDICAL EXPENSES
2. ADDITIONAL HEALTHCARE COSTS
3. LOST WAGES
4. PAIN & SUFFERING
5. LOSS OF SOCIETY & COMPANIONSHIP
6. LOSS OF LIFE’S ENJOYMENT
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT A BIRTH INJURY?
The damages that can result from a birth injury can be both physically and emotionally daunting. When you have your future on the line, you cannot afford to put your trust in an inexperienced attorney. Instead, you need to seek the guidance of attorneys who have extensive experience and resources to either reach a favorable settlement or win your case at trial. We have done both on behalf of our clients on numerous occasions.
At Fulmer Sill, we are proud to deliver high-quality assistance to all of our clients. Should you choose to seek our legal representation, we are confident that our experience and knowledge will produce a favorable outcome for you. All initial consultations are free, and we don’t charge any up-front fees for representation. We handle all fees on a contingency basis, meaning that unless we’re successful, you don’t have to pay us. Please contact us at (405)510.0077 for a free consultation or request a case review here.
I am Devin Herz, currently associated with Fulmersill. We believe everyone is equal under the law. We take pride in providing an unparalleled commitment to our clients, most of whom are individuals, families and small businesses who have been unfairly treated or tragically harmed by large corporations.
Health Articles1. Dental Implants - Winning Smiles Dental Surgery | Blacktown | Denham Court | Kellyville
Author: Dr.Samreen Kaur
2. The Significance Of Dermatology
Author: Anu Walia
3. 5 Benefits Of Consulting An Experienced Dermatologist
Author: Anu Walia
4. Read This Guideline To Know How To Use Black Seed Oil Aka Kalonji Oil And Make It A Part Of Your Oil
Author: Rigel Herbal Oil Company
5. Ivf Process And Treatment
Author: Dr. Mandeep kaur
6. The Cost Of Lasik Eye Surgery In Delhi - Lasikdelhi
Author: Dr. Rajiv Bajaj
7. Aged Shelf Corporations For Sale – Consider The Best Option For You
Author: LUIS CORREIA
8. Buy Keto Shake Online Uk And Lose Body Weight On The Go!
Author: Danial Lewis
9. India Organ Preservation Market
10. How To Prevent Your Children’s Dental Decay?
Author: AstoCare HealthCare
11. What Is The Use Of Visiting A Podiatrist In Bath?
Author: Dave Woods
12. Can Heel Pain Heal?
Author: Dave Woods
13. Tackling Dht-induced Hair Loss: What Works, What Does Not
Author: Rupal Jain
14. Elderly Care: 5 Best Foods For Senior Citizens
Author: Manoj Upadhyay
15. Dr. Vikas Kathuria Is The Best Neurologist In Gurgaon
Author: Dr. Vikas Kathuria