ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
What Is Tiova 9mcg Inhaler ?
Mechanism of Action of Tiova Inhaler:
Tiotropium bromide, a long-acting quaternary ammonium antimuscarinic, is structurally related to ipratropium. It is a nonselective competitive antagonist of muscarinic (M1-M5) receptors and causes bronchodilation by inhibiting the actions of acetylcholine and other cholinergic stimuli at M3 receptors in the smooth muscle of the respiratory tract. Absorption: Bioavailability 20% (lungs). Distribution: Protein-binding: 72%. Metabolism: Undergoes some metabolism by non-enzymatic cleavage and by cytochrome P450 isoenzymes CYP2D6 and CYP3A4. Excretion: Excreted largely unchanged in urine. Terminal half-life: 5-6 days.
Special Precautions for Tiova Inhaler:
Narrow-angle glaucoma; prostatic hypertrophy or bladder-neck obstruction; renal impairment. Pregnancy and lactation. Discontinue if immediate hypersensitivity (e.g. angioedema) or paradoxical bronchospasm occurs. Discontinue eye pain, red eye, visual halos, and other signs of acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Tiova inhaler 9 mcg is only for the inhalational purpose, so do not swallow the capsule. The first dose is given under medical supervision to prevent the side effects that happen during first use. For better results, it is suggested to take it at the same time every day. The dose and how often you take it depends on what you are taking it for. Your doctor will decide how much you need to improve your symptoms. You should take this medicine for as long as it is prescribed for you. It does not prevent the already started breathing trouble or asthma attack, hence always carry your medical inhaler with you for emergencies.
The most common side effects of this medicine include nose dryness or itching, nose bleed, and dry mouth or throat. If these bother you or appear serious, let your doctor know. There may be ways of reducing or preventing them. To overcome dry mouthness, it is advised to increase water intake, carry sugar candy or maintain good oral hygiene.
Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have liver or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Your doctor should also know about all other medicines you are taking as many of these may make this medicine less effective or change the way it works.
Major & minor side effects for Tiova Inhaler
• Dry mouth
• Upper respiratory tract infection
• Difficult or painful urination
• Chest pain or discomfort
• Difficulty with swallowing
• Skin rash, hives, or itching
How to cope with side effects?
The occurrence of side effects varies from person to person. The following are a few ways of dealing with some of the common side effects. However, consult your doctor if these persist.
Coping with Blurred vision
You can consider washing your eyes with water. Avoid driving or using tools or machines if your vision is impaired. Do not take your next dose if your vision is still blurry. If it gets worse or does not improve, ask your doctor to recommend eye drops or talk about changing your medications.
Coping with Increased heart rate
Breathe in slowly through your nostrils and then breathe out through your mouth. Repeat this until you feel calm. Try sitting cross-legged and drink plenty of water. Splash cold water or apply a cold towel or ice pack on your face for 20-30 seconds. It is important to make sure that you are not taking more than the prescribed dose. As a preventive measure, you should limit the amount of alcohol you drink and give up smoking. Also, cut down the amount of coffee, tea or cola you drink. In general, being physically active and eating a healthy well-balanced diet is good advice for any heart condition. If the condition does not improve, consult your doctor as they may need to change you to a different type of medicine.
Coping with Dryness in mouth
Keep a drink available that you can sip through the day. Rinse your mouth with warm salted water and chew sugarless gum or hard candy. Try breathing through your nose more often than your mouth. Avoid caffeinated beverages, smoking and alcohol because they can make your condition worse. Use lip balm if your lips are also dry. Try to avoid foods that are acidic (like lemons), spicy, salty or sugary. If this side effect bothers you or does not go away, talk to your doctor about artificial saliva products or other suitable treatments.
Coping with Constipation
Try to eat foods which are high in fiber such as fresh fruits, vegetables and cereals to increase the bulk and consistency of bowel movements. Drink plenty of water or non-alcoholic drinks and stay hydrated to promote healthy digestion. Increasing physical activities such as walking, yoga and regular exercise can also be helpful. If your condition does not improve, you can ask your doctor to prescribe you laxative medicine.
• Tiova 9mcg inhaler makes breathing easier for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
• This medicine is for inhalation only. The tablet should not be swallowed.
• It should be taken at the same time each day.
• It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
• Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
• Gargle with warm water after each inhalation to avoid any fungal infections in your mouth and throat.
• Take the first dose under medical supervision as it may cause wheezing or tightening of the airways (bronchospasm) immediately after using.
• Your doctor may monitor your blood potassium level regularly while taking this medication.
• Only small amounts of Tiova inhaler 9 mcg may get absorbed into the bloodstream after inhalation. Hence, serious side effects are unlikely.
Fitness Articles1. Do You Know These Benefits Of Losing Weight??
2. Body Sculpting Treatment Clinic Sydney
3. Playing With The Forces In Breathwork
Author: Dan Brule
4. Breathwork For Venting And Transforming Stress, Tension And Fatigue
Author: Dan Brule
5. Car Accident Injuries Symptoms And Chiropractic Treatment
Author: Robert Augustine
6. Why Insurance For Music Dealer Is An Utter Necessity?
Author: music Insurance Company
7. Key To Finding The Best Protein Bars
Author: Rite Bite
8. Benefits Of Spinal Decompression Therapy
Author: Rajesh Mishra
9. Yoga Retreats In Vietnam | Yoga Hoi An | Aum Yoga Vietnam
10. Benefits Of Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh
Author: Rajesh mishra
11. Why Should You Take A Gym Membership In Pune
Author: omkar singh
12. Fight Against Gastric Cancer: Improve Your Lifestyle With Healthy Habits
Author: Jay Chokshi
13. Yoga Vs. Pilates - Benefit Differences
14. Yoga For Anxiety And Depression
Author: Rajesh mishra
15. Taking A Look At The Benefits Of Cold Therapy Treatment For Injury Recovery
Author: Albert Dcoza