ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Top Interesting & Fun Facts About Puri Jagannath Temple
It took nearly 3 generations worth of time & effort to put on the gigantic walls of the popular Puri’s Jagannath shrine situated in Odisha. The shrine is of utmost significance to the Hindu devotees as it’s considered amone the Char-Dham pilgrimages. Also it serves as a gigantic historical structure constructed nearly millennia ago, in the year 1078. Thousands and thousands of people across the globe come to Puri to take the blessings of Lord Jagannath.
However, it is not just the temple that has grabbed the attention of people all over the world.
There’re some interesting activities without any scientific articulations have caught the eyes of travelers worldwide. Before buying your Puri trip package, let’s find out what are these interesting facts:
Reverse gear of the breeze:
Check out any places on the earth, during day time the breeze from ocean comes to land & the opposite takes place in the evening, but in Puri exactly the opposite happens.
Nothing flies above the temple:
The sky is where birds spend most of their time. It is their world. We have seen birds sitting, resting and flying above our heads all the time. But the Jagannath temple is different, not even a single bird can be seen above the shrine dome, even an airplane couldn’t be seen flying above the shrine.
The food never gets wasted here:
According to Hindu spiritual belief, wasting food is known to be a bad sign; and the Jagannath Temple crews follow the same mythology. A total number of visiting the shrine differs between 2,000-2, 00,000 devotees daily. Surprisingly, the Prasad prepared everyday here is never wasted. This looks like an effective food management of Lord Jagannath.
The Rath Yatra:
Also known as chariot festival, the Rath Yatra is perhaps the biggest attraction of Puri that entices tourists from across the globe. In fact, many tour operators offer affordable Puri Rath Yatra tour packages to help devotees get a sight of Lord Jagannath and his siblings.
The cart festival in Puri was primarily performed with 2 sets of chariots. As there was a river streaming in between Jagannath Temple and Mausi Maa Temple, the set of chariots were employed to carry the Deities till the river, and then the Deities had to cross the river in 3 wooden vessels and then board the other set of chariots to traverse till the Mausi Maa Temple.
So, don’t forget to check out these interesting facts on your next trip to Puri and share experience with your friends and relatives.
Travel Articles1. Private Airport Transfer Amsterdam – Book What You Want
2. Enjoy India Tours Luxury Holidays & Make Unforgettable Moments
Author: Bespoke India Holidays
3. Eva Airlines Reservations For Panama Trip
Author: Chrish Smith
4. Why Nile River Cruise Should Be On Top Of Your Bucket List?
Author: Cliff Collins
5. Book A Party Bus Long Island Service At The Best Price
6. Thanksgiving Day Celebration In Usa
Author: Peter Filip
7. Want More Travel With Fewer Expenses-try Splitting Your Ticket
Author: Livya Jen
8. Best Uk Study Visa Consultant In Kharar
Author: Bright Wisdom Career Solutions
9. Everest High Passes Trek And How Is It Different From The Famous Ebc Trek?
10. How To Rejuvenate Your Body & Soul With Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
11. If A Hindu, Why Go For Muktinath Yatra This Year?
12. Glimpses Of The Culture That Awaits You On Your Way To Annapurna Circuit Trek
13. Guidelines To Be Followed At Brevard Nc Campground
Author: Joshua Addison
14. Is Nepal Safe To Travel
Author: Himalayan Asia Treks
15. Sydney Harbour Lunch Cruises And Other Fun Picnic Destinations In Sydney
Author: annie alexandre