ALL >> Health >> View Article
Should Your Baby Consume Ors?
Many parents wonder whether they should opt for ORS powder for baby. What is ORS basically? It is nothing but Oral Rehydration Solution, something that you may already be familiar with. This is a solution containing electrolytes which can be given to children who are facing dehydration owing to bodily fluid losses in scenarios like vomiting and even diarrhea. ORS has a mixture of components like sugar, sodium, potassium and other vital body electrolytes.
When it is mixed in suitable quantities, it may be a great replacement for electrolytes which have been lost by the body.
While you can always consider a zinc supplement for kids, serious dehydration scenarios are when ORS should be given to small children. Minor dehydration for infants can be treated with the help of diluted juices, breast milk, formula and water. Yet, dehydration which is severe, can be treated by ORS. The symptoms include dryness of eyes or a dull/sunken look, chapping/stretching of lips, fussy and lethargic behavior, dry nappies with almost no/little urine, no tears upon crying, rapid heartbeat, cold feet and hands and even soft spots on the head. ORS can help greatly in effectively treating diarrhea that is faced by children. This can help in treating dehydration due to fluid losses, which is not possible to treat in a timely manner through only water.
Whenever babies suffer from diarrhea, fluids pass swiftly through the intestines, thereby hindering absorption. The surface of the intestines is usually lined with co-transporters of sodium and glucose. This is a protein that ensures more effective absorption of salt whenever glucose is present. ORS helps in attaining the perfect mix of salt, glucose and water in order to maximize absorption levels of fluids and salts. This can be administered yourself and you do not require IV transfers or injections in most cases. Make sure that you consult your doctor with regard to the right dosage and procedure of administering ORS to your little one. This usually ensures results within a few minutes of consuming the same. ORS is usually regarded as a safe option for all ages. As a result, your baby should consume ORS whenever the situation calls for the same.
Health Articles1. Handheld Cold Laser Therapy Device For Joint Pain Relief
Author: Renee Zhong
2. Global Car Deodorizer Market
Author: Statzy Market Research
3. Fitness And Workout Programs Now At Your Fingertips
4. Should I Get My Wisdom Teeth Extracted?
Author: Will Sievier
5. Depressed And Out Of Work | Mental Health Services In Battle Creek
6. Effective Tips To Fall Asleep Fast
Author: Al Samer
7. What Are Benefits Of Doing Spa - Footrelief
8. Top 5 Tips For Speakers When Engaging With Hcps At Medical Conferences
9. Whether To Go In For Siemens Hearing Aids Or A Pair Of Sonic Hearing Aids? We Will Help You
Author: Hearingaids Sydney
10. Blood Cancer Causes, Symptoms & Treatment Options
11. Know About The Process Of Ivf And Infertility Clinic In Delhi
Author: Dr. Shivani Sachdev Gour
12. Deciphering The Genetics Behind Eating Disorders | Mental Disorder Treatment In Battle Creek
13. Cosmetic Dentistry Explained By Best Dentist In Brampton
14. Why Air Ambulance Service Is Essential In India?
Author: Ajay Agarwal
15. Is The Ambulance Really Safer Than Your Vehicle?
Author: Ziqitza Health Care Limited