ALL >> Service >> View Article
Understanding How To Calculate Overtime
Overtime laws in India: Overtime calculation for wage earners in India is done as per the factories act, 1948. As per section 59 of the Factories Act, wage earners should be paid double the rate of his ordinary wages for every hour of overtime work.
Hence if a worker was earning Rs60 as ordinary wages per hour, he will be earning Rs120 for overtime work. This has also been mentioned in the Minimum Wage act and rules act and the State Shops and Commercial Acts.
In order to calculate the overtime for one hour of wages, then we should divide the total wages earned in a month by 26 (number of days of work in a month).
This would give us the wage earned in a day. Then divide the wages earned in a day by 8 (total number of hours in a day).
Then you will arrive at the wage earned per day. So, if you want to pay overtime to your workers, you will need to provide double of the ordinary wage for an hour.
The laws in US for overtime are similar. An employer needs to pay the worker 1.5 times the ordinary wage rate. Hence if a worker earns 6 dollars every hour, during overtime he needs to be paid 9 dollars.
Britain however does not have any special laws on overtime. An employer does not need to pay his workers any over time. He simply needs to ensure that his workers get a minimum pay. If there are any overtime bonuses, then it is mentioned in the contract.
European laws on overtime is a little more complicated. The law states that if an employee has worked 138 hours over a period of 4 months, 250 hours per year over statutory threshold of 40 hours (per week), the he is eligible for overtime.
For the first two hours the employee does an over time, he or she gets 50% of the ordinary wages. For every hour put in beyond the first two hours, the employee gets 100% raise in overtime.
Australian laws are a mix of US and UK laws. If the workers are represented by a labour Union, then the employer may have to pay 1.5 times the ordinary wage.
If the employers want to pay a rate that is above or below the norm, then a special provision is included in a contract between the employer and the employee.
This blog should have given you a summary of how laws in various countries differ for overtime pay. Hence, the next time you hire a person working overseas for your company, make sure you check the local overtime laws. For more details on overtime pay in other countries, please visit https://www.easysourceindia.com/
Fashion Blogger : I like to write about latest fashion trends
Service Articles1. The Importance Of Ada Signs
Author: Denise Wolfe
2. 7 Things You Should Avoid For A Successful Customer Engagement
3. Professional Packers And Movers In Abu Dhabi
Author: professional packers and movers in abu dhabi
4. How Convenient And Reliable Is Airport Taxi Service?
Author: Roy Barry
5. Best Astrologer In Usa | Famous Astrologer In Usa
Author: Astrologer Shiv Kumar
6. Us Taxes Preparation Uk Must Be Done By A Professional Tax Preparer!
Author: Berkley Josh
7. Best Astrologer In Jayanagar |famous Astrologer In Jayanagar
8. 360 Photography Services Can Make A Big Impact For Your Product Promotion Campaign!
Author: Stanley Butler
9. Mannequin Photography South Africa Is An Affordable Service!
Author: Stanley Butler
10. Why Do You Need Professional For Australian Citizenship Certificate Translation
Author: Dolores Miles
11. Best Reading Lamps For Bed Is Vital For The Reading Time!
Author: Balaji Raghunathan
12. Top 5 Benefits Of Hiring A Virtual Assistant For Your Online Business
Author: Faith eCommerce Services
13. Should You Hire In-house Teams Or Outsource To A Cybersecurity Agency In Denmark
Author: Kim Marmoy
14. Create Remarkable Moments In Real-estate Tours And Meetings With Video Conferencing
15. 4 Ways To Spend Less On Your Business Marketing
Author: George Katsoudas