ALL >> Service >> View Article
Understanding How To Calculate Overtime
Overtime laws in India: Overtime calculation for wage earners in India is done as per the factories act, 1948. As per section 59 of the Factories Act, wage earners should be paid double the rate of his ordinary wages for every hour of overtime work.
Hence if a worker was earning Rs60 as ordinary wages per hour, he will be earning Rs120 for overtime work. This has also been mentioned in the Minimum Wage act and rules act and the State Shops and Commercial Acts.
In order to calculate the overtime for one hour of wages, then we should divide the total wages earned in a month by 26 (number of days of work in a month).
This would give us the wage earned in a day. Then divide the wages earned in a day by 8 (total number of hours in a day).
Then you will arrive at the wage earned per day. So, if you want to pay overtime to your workers, you will need to provide double of the ordinary wage for an hour.
The laws in US for overtime are similar. An employer needs to pay the worker 1.5 times the ordinary wage rate. Hence if a worker earns 6 dollars every hour, ...
... during overtime he needs to be paid 9 dollars.
Britain however does not have any special laws on overtime. An employer does not need to pay his workers any over time. He simply needs to ensure that his workers get a minimum pay. If there are any overtime bonuses, then it is mentioned in the contract.
European laws on overtime is a little more complicated. The law states that if an employee has worked 138 hours over a period of 4 months, 250 hours per year over statutory threshold of 40 hours (per week), the he is eligible for overtime.
For the first two hours the employee does an over time, he or she gets 50% of the ordinary wages. For every hour put in beyond the first two hours, the employee gets 100% raise in overtime.
Australian laws are a mix of US and UK laws. If the workers are represented by a labour Union, then the employer may have to pay 1.5 times the ordinary wage.
If the employers want to pay a rate that is above or below the norm, then a special provision is included in a contract between the employer and the employee.
This blog should have given you a summary of how laws in various countries differ for overtime pay. Hence, the next time you hire a person working overseas for your company, make sure you check the local overtime laws. For more details on overtime pay in other countries, please visit https://www.easysourceindia.com/
Fashion Blogger : I like to write about latest fashion trends
Service Articles1. Why Use Phonekhata Instead Of Native Udhar Bahi Khata?
Author: sanjeev rai
2. Is Wordpress A Good Cms To Migrate Your Sites?
3. What Is Amazon Customer Ratings Scraping Services?
Author: Amazon Customer ratings Scraping Services
4. Quotation For Decorative Lamp Post In Banian Garden
Author: Chiếu Sáng NC Lighting
5. Thinking Through The Future With Architectural Bim Services
Author: William Cooper
6. Benefits Of Using Project Management Tools In Creative Sectors- An Employer's Pov
Author: Chris Philips
7. Top 5 Platforms For Web Application Development Services
8. Can Bio-stimulants Increase Yield And Productivity In Tomato Plants?
Author: Prashant Manne
9. Advantages Of Cloud Based Web Based Power Factor Controller
Author: Aaradhya Electronics
10. How Ecommerce Delivery Can Help Solve The Problems Of Easy Shipping In Australia?
Author: Ship 2 Anywhere
11. Pressure Cleaning Carports & Pergolas
Author: Gutter Wiz
12. Promoting Sustainability With Agrochemicals
Author: Prashant Manne
13. Why Does Your Business Need Content Writing?
Author: Rajput Singh
14. What Is Scrape Product Data From Supplier Websites?
Author: Scrape Product Data From Supplier Websites
15. Benefits And Uses Of Sika Tile Adhesive
Author: Satiates Solutions